Quick Question Thread

41 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Not being a time traveller myself, I can't say for certain but I can't think of any alternative in 1885.

IIRC, he sent the letter as soon as he arrived in 1885 but was shot a week later.  Even if he had not been shot, is it likely he would still be around 70 years later?

oh yeah, Buford Mad Dog Tannen shot and killed Doc. Forgot about that and how Doc's gravestone was inscribed with the fact that he was shot in the back.....

That would make the letter an even more ill-judged form of time-travel communication. 

As for the options, well Doc had the Delorean there and also went on to custom fit a train that could travel through time. Admittedly the fact he was shot so soon after arriving in 1885 would mean a letter would be his only option that week. But given Marty did not receive said letter till 70 years later, means that Doc would have experienced dying (being shot or through old age if he had survived the shooting) in that timeline well before the letter was delivered. 

This continues to perplex me.....

26 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

oh yeah, Buford Mad Dog Tannen shot and killed Doc. Forgot about that and how Doc's gravestone was inscribed with the fact that he was shot in the back.....

That would make the letter an even more ill-judged form of time-travel communication. 

As for the options, well Doc had the Delorean there and also went on to custom fit a train that could travel through time. Admittedly the fact he was shot so soon after arriving in 1885 would mean a letter would be his only option that week. But given Marty did not receive said letter till 70 years later, means that Doc would have experienced dying (being shot or through old age if he had survived the shooting) in that timeline well before the letter was delivered. 

But when Marty got the letter he dug the Delorean out of the cave where Doc had mothballed it and went back to 1865 and saved Doc's life, so history was changed. Doc didn't know he was going to be shot when he wrote the letter.

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

Doc sent the letter to Marty to let him know that he was not stuck in 1955.  He himself had travelled back to 1885 and had hidden the Delorean so Marty could find it and return to 1985.

Effectively it was "never mind me, I am happy in 1885.  As for you, here is where the Delorean is.  Use it to get back to your own time."

40 minutes ago, GordonD said:

But when Marty got the letter he dug the Delorean out of the cave where Doc had mothballed it and went back to 1865 and saved Doc's life, so history was changed. Doc didn't know he was going to be shot when he wrote the letter.

but he experienced dying before Marty got the letter....

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Doc sent the letter to Marty to let him know that he was not stuck in 1955.  He himself had travelled back to 1885 and had hidden the Delorean so Marty could find it and return to 1985.

Effectively it was "never mind me, I am happy in 1885.  As for you, here is where the Delorean is.  Use it to get back to your own time."

yes and until het got that letter, Marty thought Doc was dead in the "explosion" - never mind considering how he would get back to 1985. But it is the linear mode of the letter that troubles me. anyway.....

0*oxzi2a8aNLOLNc8V.jpg

0kck60ohuoh31.jpg

6 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

yes and until het got that letter, Marty thought Doc was dead in the "explosion" - never mind considering how he would get back to 1985. But it is the linear mode of the letter that troubles me. anyway.....

0*oxzi2a8aNLOLNc8V.jpg

0kck60ohuoh31.jpg

1352164390_drwho.jpg.bcf4ed8d20a479a4b1ef6ea403ae6b66.jpg

Can't think of a song. 

Used normally pre game at sporting events, usually football I feel at the UK, doesn't have any words and is just a repetive type of tune, used close to kick off for hype. 

My mate just heard it pre game on the Motherwell v Rangers game... 

Any help? 

Can't think of a song. 

Used normally pre game at sporting events, usually football I feel at the UK, doesn't have any words and is just a repetive type of tune, used close to kick off for hype. 

Any help? 
Chelsea Dagger...doo de doo de doo etc?

35 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
6 hours ago, Grant228 said:
Can't think of a song. 

Any help? 

Chelsea Dagger...doo de doo de doo etc?

Nah, no lyrics to this one! 

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Anyone mind a programe that would automatically create trippy images that would react to whatever music you were playing?

Any idea what that was called?

Sonique music player had what they called "visualisations"

d7db9edcbb803a9f88aceaf5cc5c3b40.jpg?fit