Quick Question Thread

For anyone that knows anything about Driving Licence / DVLA etc.

My wife received the form to renew her driving licence this morning. When I was filling it out, I've discovered, she sat the driving test under her maiden name, despite being married for 7 months prior. Her maiden name was on the provisional licence. Since she has "Technically" signed for the wrong name on the driving test, could this cause problems? Should I name change on the renewal form, or continue with her maiden name?

I'm not articulated that very well, but I hope you get the gist.

My wife received the form to renew her driving licence this morning. When I was filling it out, I've discovered, she sat the driving test under her maiden name, despite being married for 7 months prior. Her maiden name was on the provisional licence. Since she has "Technically" signed for the wrong name on the driving test, could this cause problems? Should I name change on the renewal form, or continue with her maiden name?

Are you in a body cast?

Why can't the lazy boot do it herself? Who wears the troosers in your hoose?

She will go to jail for 5 years.

I think the gist is she's embarrassed about being married to you and didn't want her driving instructor or examiner or possibly both to know she was married to you. I won't speculate on the possible reasons for this.

Now I've pointed this out to you it puts all the DVLA stuff into perspective doesn't it. :)

I'm needing a couple of documents notarized and apostilled.

The Apostille bit is easy, send it off to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

The Notarizing bit is causing a bit of confusion. Is it as simple as taking the documents to a lawyer, saying "Please Notarize these for me", leaving them with them and paying when you collect. I don't need to do anything else, because they'll take care of it? unsure.gif

Anyone able to recommend somewhere I could buy Dragon Soop in Glasgow city centre?

There's an independent (i think) carryout shop towards the top of West Nile Street near the Willie Hills that sells it.

There's an independent (i think) carryout shop towards the top of West Nile Street near the Willie Hills that sells it.

Found the place on Google. Cellar No1 it's called. It definitely near the Willie Hill yeah? Streetview points at a shut down shop.

Cheers!

Anyone know any places that do decent engagement invites? I basically just done a google search and three places that had not-so-shit invites were The Card Gallery, Friends Invited & Ballistic Blue, the rest were absolutely gash.

My search includes Moon Pig and Funky Pigeon.

Does anyone own an oven/grill but doesn't have a hob on it? One you slide into the worktop. I can't think of what it's called. Build in oven or whatever.

If you do, can you find out for me what the depth is? And how much leeway you gave it when installing it?

We're trying to get one but all we can find are ovens with a depth of 580mm and as we've measured we can only seem to have >510mm space. Height and width of 600mm is fine but the depth just isn't working.

Edit- I think we've just mis-measured it somehow. We should be a'right.

Edited by Smurph

Has anyone ever booked tickets for a London show (or the likes) via a website other than the venue's themselves?

If so, which websites are good for this and are reputable?

I've never bought tickets online, but if you are going down for a few day's(or indeed aren't sure which show to see) then there are "TKTS" booths which offer discounted tickets on the day or up to a week in advance. The booth i used was in Leicester square, and when i was there, it didn't take long to get them.

Not exactly what you asked but i hope it helps.