The New Raith Rovers Thread

Mergim Herequi on trial. Who's that you might ask? I don't know either. Shamelessly stolen from Fantalk.

In fact from what I've found he's not scored one career goal....albeit only had one start for his current club. Can't find heehaw on what his scoring ratio is and/or previous clubs he's played for.

Edited by Raithie

There's a boy called Mergim Hereqi who is/was playing in Norway, I'd imagine it's him. Transfermarkt has him down as having played 3 games in his career, without scoring. A single league appearance nearly 7 years ago and a couple of cup games, one in 2013 and one last year. The club he's with now were relegated from the Norwegian 3rd tier last year after picking up just 7 points from 26 games and conceding 112 goals.

Wiki has slightly more info (and different), which suggests he made his debut in 2009 & has played 19 games since then scoring 8. 6 coming in the Norwegian third tier, before being without a club for 3 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mërgim_Hereqi

Edited by Kris.

I would be surprised if he didn't. He scored 12 goals for us in that season which is comfortably the most he's scored for any club in his career. There was some good poachers finishes but also some absolute thunderpeaches within that - he even beat Chris Kane to our top scorer award (even if Kane was only here for half the season!)

I'd trust Jack Ross to get him firing back on all cylinders again. I'm starting to get a wee bit jealous of Alloa.

Whilst Megginson was excellent that season, it appears that's the only season of his career he's actually performed consistently well.

Interesting to see how he gets on at Alloa.

Whilst Megginson was excellent that season, it appears that's the only season of his career he's actually performed consistently well.

Interesting to see how he gets on at Alloa.

True, but it's also the only season of his career where he played under Jack Ross. That's what's giving me the fear. The talent is undoubtedly there, but he needs a manager who will believe in him and show him a great deal of confidence. Jack Ross - I've no doubt will be that man - whether or not he'll suit Alloa's style of play however remains to be seen as he had some quality attacking players alongside him with us (Aggy, Kane, Fleming, Gilhaney, even Nish)

At this negative stage of the season, with the winter collapse in full flow, what could be more rewarding than another stroll down memory lane to pick our top 5 worst players of recent times. Let's avoid the infamous Anelka season and our prolonged stay in the Second Division. So, worst First Division/Championship players Rovers have fielded since 2009?

I'll start us off...

1. Ross Perry

2. Scott McBride

3. Thierry Gathuessi

4. Andy McNeil

5. ???

Just looking for one more. Quite heartening to think we've had so few duds in this league. The Second Division was littered with them.

Possibly our new foreign striker?

At this negative stage of the season, with the winter collapse in full flow, what could be more rewarding than another stroll down memory lane to pick our top 5 worst players of recent times. Let's avoid the infamous Anelka season and our prolonged stay in the Second Division. So, worst First Division/Championship players Rovers have fielded since 2009?

I'll start us off...

1. Ross Perry

2. Scott McBride

3. Thierry Gathuessi

4. Andy McNeil

5. ???

Joe Hamill?

I'll start us off...

1. Ross Perry

2. Scott McBride

3. Thierry Gathuessi

4. Andy McNeil

5. ???

Iain Williamson for me...