The New Raith Rovers Thread

Struggling to find anything to be negative about just now. Well done to the team and management on turning things round and also the board and external sponsors for facilitating the signings that have given us a new lease of life. It's a nice change to have something positive to play for at this stage of the season and not something I envisaged four weeks ago.

Struggling to find anything to be negative about just now. Well done to the team and management on turning things round and also the board and external sponsors for facilitating the signings that have given us a new lease of life. It's a nice change to have something positive to play for at this stage of the season and not something I envisaged four weeks ago.

scrubs-doctor-animated-gif-2.gif

lmmBt.gif

Great performance from us tonight, starting to get back to the form that we had at the start of season, also there seems to be a good link up with Hardie and Connelly which is very promising for the rest of the season

Btw I would like to see Barr signed on again for next season..... I've yet to see him have a bad game. I wouldn't want to play against him as he's strong plus dangerous in the air on attack... I think after we have stuck by him over the last 2 seasons we could get him to sign on for a relatively low but respectful wage.

What has Barr played? Around 20 games in 2 years roughly? But you are spot on, never had a bad game or hardly even put a foot wrong, in my opinion he is the best natural defender at the club. Would love to keep him if he manages to stay injury free.

Barr is a funny one. I really rate him as a player, and can only echo the above posts that he's never done anything wrong. It'd be completely understandable however if the club let him go though because his record with injuries is appalling.

I think I've said it previously, but if there's only room for one on the payroll, then I'd rather have a fit Barr than Davidson.

The fact Davidson has been offered a deal, made me think it was far less likely Barr would get one, that said, I'm guessing Davo hasn't signed his deal yet?

I can't imagine he'll be inundated with offers, but he may get something that's better than we could offer.

Like everyone else I like Barr as a player, but I doubt the club will take the risk on him. As the club have said, it's medical bills that have upset the budget the last year or two, so even a pay-as-you-play deal doesn't entirely solve the issue.

Like everyone else I like Barr as a player, but I doubt the club will take the risk on him. As the club have said, it's medical bills that have upset the budget the last year or two, so even a pay-as-you-play deal doesn't entirely solve the issue.

I fully agree but let's be honest what are the chances of him having another major injury??? 3 in 3 years.... I doubt it.

Davidson would apparently be offered a deal if he made a certain amount of appearances (which I believe he has met). He'll be offered a deal (maybe has been offered a deal) but it is of course his choice to sign it or not.

Barr has a lot to offer us but with his injuries and a change of manager I don't think he will stay on. I would be happy if he did stay, particularly given injuries and suspensions suffered in defence this season, but it's a tough one. If he does depart, I've no doubt he'll be an excellent signing for another side at this level.

I imagine Davidson will have to be offered the same conditions as his current deal, so unless there is a better deal somewhere else for him I think he'll be signing it and staying.

Just realised of our last 9 games, six are AWAY.. and our three home games are against the top three, 

Hibs, Rangers and Falkirk.

still

We could still  have a real impact on the top three finishing order, although I'm sure we will finish 4th. Too much ground to catch up.... :unsure:  

Given 4th at the start of the season I'd have bitten yer airm aff!! :thumsup2

Edited by Wee Sandy

Just realised of our last 9 games, six are AWAY...

To be fair, 1 of them, the Smurn away match, was meant to be played back in January.

Also makes for interesting away days, albeit I'm missing the easiest one this Saturday haha.