The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fixed for you.

Looking forward to getting to Starks next year, fave away day. For that reason I hope you get punted out the playoffs, soz.

Is the Abbey still open?

At least we got to the play offs without cheating and working within our means unlike the Pars. Who thought cheating their creditors out of their money was the way forward. f**k off you c***s

Will we be at home for the first leg (the Wednesday night game) due to finishing 4th? I'm Backshift so I'll need to put in for a half shift, if we're away I won't make the home game as I have a wedding on the 7th.

That's my understanding, yeah. Unless Hibs current form continues and they contrive to drop below us.

At least we got to the play offs without cheating and working within our means unlike Masterton. Who thought cheating the creditors out of their money was the way forward. f**k off you c***s

Congratulations, you finished mid table. The fact that fourth place gets a playoff still seems mental to me, undoubtedly adds excitement to the league but there can't be many leagues where you can finish mid table and get rewarded.

Fixed the post for you also, good job I'm here to keep you lot in check xox

I thought it would be village idiot, but there you go.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Board_of_Directors&ID=3615

Bit random. Big Jim is great, was one of the directors that resigned from the board which eventually lead to Masterton getting the heave ho, was pretty instrumental in making sure we still have a club to support.

Congratulations, you finished mid table. The fact that fourth place gets a playoff still seems mental to me, undoubtedly adds excitement to the league but there can't be many leagues where you can finish mid table and get rewarded.

Bit random. Big Jim is great, was one of the directors that resigned from the board which eventually lead to Masterton getting the heave ho, was pretty instrumental in making sure we still have a club to support.

Doesn't matter how you fix it. It's the Pars way. If your mid table by New Year you'll just spend spend spend to get that promotion place. Don't fucking deny it. Delusions of Grandeur.

Oh it was that Dunfermline that was promoted yesterday, I though they'd gone bust.

Oh well so they're back are they? Their suppliers must all be thrilled at the prospect of getting shat on all over again.

That's my understanding, yeah. Unless Hibs current form continues and they contrive to drop below us.

Yes, lowest placed team is always at home first, maybe not best for the club in terms of gate receipts it being on a Wednesday night but it's good for the fans that any away matches are at weekends (unless BT Sport f**k up the schedule!).

Doesn't matter how you fix it. It's the Pars way. If your mid table by New Year you'll just spend spend spend to get that promotion place. Don't fucking deny it. Delusions of Grandeur.

Here's hoping we throw ching and hookers to get Connolly, would make good back up to super Joe.

For a team with the lowest full time budget in Scotland (Drysdale 2016) we are doing pretty well, thanks.

Finishing above The Famous (VikingTon 2015) is quite the achievement.

In all seriousness you have evidently had a cracking season, will be interesting to see where you fare next season, in his second season with Brechin, Ray had an absolute shocker if I remember correctly. With St Mirren looking to improve, Dunfermline coming up and Dundee Utd plus whoever else comes down will all be looking at a a playoff spot, along with whoever doesn't win the playoffs. Can see the middle getting very congested, would be worried if I was a Queens fan and Fowler was still in a job.

Funny we don't hear a peep out of the Pars fans all season then suddenly because they have won the league their Rovers obsession starts again and trying to down play a play off position ! Comedy gold keep it up lads the banters brilliant

Everytime we lost a league game we had a couple of Raith fans posting with glee, sadly that didn't happen all to often.

They really are a horrible, horrible wee club.

Big word when you're not even the biggest sports team in your town bbz.

We've got an ambitious club. We've an ambitious bod"s. Ambitious support so why not set higher aims?

Dearie me.

I live in Dunfermline and want to see the Pars doing well, and you'll never find me chucking about unhelpful words like "cheating" about what happened before. But it's pretty disappointing to see you and one or two others come onto the Raith thread and start spouting this sort of pish again as if nothing has been learned. 

First up, don't blame previous board members or anyone else - Pars fans, pretty much to a man and woman, were delighted to keep supporting the team and the overspending long after it was apparent that it was unsustainable (and I still sometimes see and hear them revelling in their 'achievements' even now).

More worryingly, "ambitious" is one of those words that should be setting off whole banks of alarm bells in your head. In football-speak it's virtually always code for "currently running at an operating loss". Not that I'm suggesting anything untoward at this stage, but hopefully the club has some people at its helm with rather more nous and understanding than you've demonstrated here.

Now f**k off and come back next season.

You had that top four safety net last season and still got nowhere near the play offs.

The ignorance towards Leishman is laughable. The guy knew exactly what was going on under the old regime and happily went along with it.

If your club was serious about moving on and starting afresh you would have nothing to do with the likes of him.

Haha, bloody brilliant.

Our fans boycotting the orcs. Dunfermline fans getting high as a kite of the back of a bankrolled triumph in the seaside league.

Are folk on a sugar rush?

I'm genuinely surprised by the volume of Folk saying they are skipping the Rangers game, particularly given our form and them looking relatively beatable at the moment. Not to add that the last home game passed without too much issue.

The team deserves the backing and fans should be able to put aside their issues for this match, especially if that intent is purely to sound cool on an Internet forum.

I also wasn't at the Ramsdens final, nor will I be there on Saturday. I know none of the money goes to Rangers (did anyone?), but it's a point of principle. I despise the atmosphere and hostility that they bring and prefer to avoid it. I attend all the games I can, minus this one, and i'll get back to Stark's for the final home game.

Did you willingly miss the final based on our opponents?