The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've not been keeping up with this thread much but incase it's not been mentioned Lewis had his final strength test today at the spire and it went great. He's looking to play for the reserves next Tuesday not sure who against.

Brilliant news Bambino! Hope he's back in the team and among the goals before long. He's got a superb goals to minutes ratio this season with 2 goals in about 70 minutes of football. 

I've not been keeping up with this thread much but incase it's not been mentioned Lewis had his final strength test today at the spire and it went great. He's looking to play for the reserves next Tuesday not sure who against.

ðŸ‘

Great news! Will be like a new signing when he comes back for us.

Back to the POTY discussion. I'm leaning towards Thomson. We were on a decent enough run at the start of the season. He gets injured, we then have a run of 1 win in 12( fair enough we did draw a lot of them but was still a terrible run). He comes back in and we've now only lost 1 in 10, winning 7 of them. Coincidence? Thomson gets my vote!

Notable shout-outs to Toshney, Stewart, Bene and Rory though.

Before the season started, I was thinking it would have been a closely fought battle between Callachan and Vaughan. One got injured after only playing 70 minutes of the season and the other had a horrible patch of form between December and start of March. There's always next season for they two to shine as well as Matthews and Bates.

Haud on a wee minute here. The previous directors had sweet f a to with us fans. We supported the team, come what may. I dare say you would have done the same. We've got footballing supporters of the DA as the B.O.D who is purely doing the task for the love of football, unlike others who thought they'd have a ride on their own individual ego. Now we're a step closer to where we should be, I look forward in visiting San Starko next season if you don't win the play offs. The financial crisis that nearly sent us into obscurity is maybe a side line for a cheap shot but hey, just unwind your thrapple till next season.

Fly wi the craws you get shot with them

The best thing about this year's POTY discussion is that there's so many potential recipients.

Personally I voted for Toshney, but I can more than understand folk voting for Cuthbert, Benedictus and McKeown.

Additionally, if Thomson had played more he'd arguably be a more worthy winner than Toshney, while if we'd had Connolly all season, he'd probably have run away with it.

Compare all that to last season.

I remember bringing this discussion up about who would deserve it with a couple of my pals around the same time last year, and we were pretty stumped. It was more a case of who was the least-guff, rather than an honest-to-goodness stick-out performer.

Great turnaround.

I'm I the only one who thinks Connelly is greedy and more of hinderance to the team as he wont pass... He has good skills but would be so much better if he passed it .... After seeing more of longridge is rather keep him as he has been by far our best player since getting Match fit and recovered from injury. against hibs and st mirren he was a stand out

I'm I the only one who thinks Connelly is greedy and more of hinderance to the team as he wont pass... He has good skills but would be so much better if he passed it .... After seeing more of longridge is rather keep him as he has been by far our best player since getting Match fit and recovered from injury. against hibs and st mirren he was a stand out

I'd rather it wasn't a case of one or the other. If we went into next season with Connolly, Longridge and Barr as our principle wide players, I'd be plenty happy.

I think Rory or even Callachan will win players' player of the year, fans will vote for Toshney

Ray will say "listen, d'you know what? We've got a good team here, a right good team. Any one of them deserves it y'know"

Hmmm doesn't sound like Ray cos he's not mentioned the budget

I think Rory or even Callachan will win players' player of the year, fans will vote for Toshney

Ray will say "listen, d'you know what? We've got a good team here, a right good team. Any one of them deserves it y'know"

It's got to be better than First and Foremost the players were brilliant. And that was after a tanking