The New Raith Rovers Thread

I may not be recollecting accurately, but I seem to remember Reid's team not being that great (particularly on the eye), and then Neil came in and they were like a whole new side.

Reid brought through Mcarthy and Mcarthur and when they came up first they played very good football with Yantorno too. Not sure how it went when they went down but I always thought Reid was a really good manager, sure he done well with Clyde prior to that too.

Reid brought through Mcarthy and Mcarthur and when they came up first they played very good football with Yantorno too. Not sure how it went when they went down but I always thought Reid was a really good manager, sure he done well with Clyde prior to that too.

Fair dos, Think I'm just recollecting his last season (post McCarthy, I think).

Yeah, if he fancied a return to Scotland he'd probably be a decent shout.

I'd assume the club would inform us if Ellis was off. It might be good for him to get a change of venue, he's been here for, what? 8 years, 4 as a coach?

Laurie has been with us for 1000 years in about 12 different spells. Has had a testimonial and everything. Like him a lot, as a chap and as a decent defender in his day, and for that goal at Dens, but can't see a role for him if a new manager wants to bring a backroom team with him, as is likely. I know he stayed on after Murray but think his time may be up here, if he has any ambition in the game.

I always remember Billy Reid for being the clown that turned down the managers job at Swansea to stay at Hamilton. Must've been off his nut.

Less than a year later he was mutual consented :lol:

Yantorno played with Gretna and then had a short spell at Hibs I think. He was never with Hamilton or Billy Reid.

Cheers for that, for some reason I had him signing for us from Hamilton. Both came up and went back down around the same period.

Did they have a couple of half decent brothers playing for them? Pacciou or someone?

Edited by bambino7

Mckinnon signing a 3 year deal? You'd think clubs likd utd would be a bit more careful with their recent record of managers. He might very well be excellent but why leave yourselves open to big compensation claims by signing 3 year deals with managers.

Obviously very disappointed to lose a manager who definitely connected the fans back with the club again.

His signings were, over the piece pretty successful and had us playing decent enough football. Very counter attacking which suited us in quite a lot of games. You just need to look at Leicester to see why you don't need the ball for the majority of the game.

I do wish him well and Dundee United, there will always be people that will hold some sort of grudge against him now. Don't have a problem with that, but at the end of the day, these things happen in football all the time. We are below United in the chain in terms of club size. Regardless of what sort of money he is getting, and his playing budget.

Obviously you just need to look at John McGlynn as an example of how it can go badly wrong in a "dream job" scenario. But McKinnon has all the tools to be a great manager.

Who next for Rovers then? Hope we bring in someone who continues to build up rapport with the fans, can talk well in the media and ultimately keep us at the level we are at, with a continued push into play-off positions.

Next seasons championship is again going to be very, very tough. Not a lot in the first leg between Stranraer and Ayr United. I'm glad we have now got rid of Livingston for at least a season, but those 2 clubs mentioned will be difficult and we don't have particularly great records away from home against them.

I'm just glad we still have a decent spine in terms of squad for next season. Cuthbert, Thomson, Toshney, Bene, Davidson, Robertson, Callachan, Stewart and Vaughan. Of course Bobby Barr is expected to join, but as we well know that situation could possibly change..

We shall carry on. Onwards and upwards.

I can't see me burning an effigy of Ray at the first home game with United. The guy did well for us overall and it's better to keep in with useful contacts at the big clubs. Hopefully we don't get into all the booing and abusive stuff towards him.

Not sure who I want next. I've a thing for John Collins for some reason (probably due to him being a classy player) but by all accounts he's a complete arsehole and losing dressing rooms is his speciality.

Edited by Scary Bear

I can't see me burning an effigy of Ray at the first home game with United. The guy did well for us overall and it's better to keep in with useful contacts at the big clubs. Hopefully we don't get into all the booing and abusive stuff towards him.

Not sure who I want next. I've a thing for John Collins for some reason (probably due to him being a classy player) but by all accounts he's a complete arsehole and losing dressing rooms is his speciality.

Fortunately for us San Starkos have Home and Away written on the doors.