The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's so hard for a club of our size to pin a good manager down for any length of time, as has been shown here. We're the perfect stepping stone club for a manager with a bit of ambition and quality, not quite top end of the Championship so one good season and you're off. I'd like to think that we'll be offering any incoming manager the same playing budget as was being offered to Ray.

not only do we need a manager with good technical abilities but and most importantly a great man manager as ray was

The man manager bit is almost more important. We've got a settled squad of players and can't bring someone in who upsets the dressing room.

Speaking of the players I wonder what they are thinking. A lot would have signed back up to 1 or 2 year deals on the basis Ray would be there. Surely they'll all be feeling slightly let down by him.

Can't remember where or when the quote came from - but as some footie person said, whenever a manager goes there'll be a couple of players particularly disappointed, a couple particularly pleased, and all the rest will just get on with the job.

We move on. Be rayt.

I'm going to shoot with Alex Cleland. Cutting his Teeth with Saint Johnstone under 20s but has decent contacts and is believed to be more of a man manager. That or giving Young a shot. That's my 2

totally agree with you. the only other i can think of is the chappie from the norweigan league who wants to come back to scotland. sorry i just cannot remember his name. old age think. :lol: