The New Raith Rovers Thread

As compo had been agreed United have to pay. If they don't pay they are in breach of league rules and will face a big fine and possible points deduction next season. Employment rules dictate that when you move jobs you have to resign from the job you are in at the moment. It's just an administrative matter.

But on the flip side he had us buying into his philosophy and I feel a little betrayed too. He has jumped ship so quickly into thisbuilding process without a thought for the fans and players alike. But hey that's football I suppose. I look forward to his statement

Correct.  Just what he did when leaving Brechin for Raith.  He's nothing if not consistent.

We'll still get the agreed fee, you'd think. We allowed Ray to speak to Dundee United only after this fee was agreed, you can't just resign and move on after that. Probably a poor choice of words.

Disappointed but entirely expected. I feel a bit of resentment but that's probably unfair. Good luck Ray, you'll need it.

Another "transitional season" next time round then.....

So he's resigned, rather than been signed for a fee? Is that how this works? What happens to our compensation? Does it now go to a tribunal? A few things needing cleared up.

That's what I got from it too. If he's resigned then there is no well wishes from me. He'll have completely screwed us over big time, but the OS says he's resigned as well. You don't resign to move clubs, it's just like a buying a player from a club, instead your buying the manager.

That's what I got from it too. If he's resigned then there is no well wishes from me. He'll have completely screwed us over big time, but the OS says he's resigned as well. You don't resign to move clubs, it's just like a buying a player from a club, instead your buying the manager.

It's nothing like that. Players have a player registration system with the SFA over and above an basic issues of employment and contract law. Managers don't.

Whole situation reminds me of McGlynn and hearts. Let his heart rule his head over a "dream move" and lasted 8 months. Thompson is trigger happy when it comes to managers aswell, could be a silly silly move then again it could be great move who knows, only time shall tell.

So, who do we go for now? Apparently the search for his replacement has already begun which is a good thing. Now comes an interesting week or 2 to see all the names linked for it. Are they going to go back in for one of the other 3 that were interviewed last year?

Somebody mentioned Stuart McCall, the only positive about that, is we'll have a really good chance of getting Hardie back I would imagine.

We'll also be looking for a left back now as Mckeown will go with him. Connolly and Barr as well. We may well keep Andersom now though..

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

I sincerely hope we conduct a full and thorough recruitment process, much unlike Dundee United. I'd be very uncomfortable if the papers had a name tomorrow and we just went straight for that candidate. At this time of the season there's the luxury of a bit of time to hold interviews and properly assess the contenders.

Disappointed with way Ray has handled it all. It was clear last week his head had been turned and did nothing last week to put the fans or players minds at ease.

As for Dundee Utd the way they have acted throughout this is quite frankly disgraceful. I cannot wait to abuse that baldy p***k next season.

Ray has jumped ship at the first opportunity, less than a year into his contract, and to a rival club next session and for that reason I can't wish him "well".