The New Raith Rovers Thread

I appreciate it's not everyone's dream to play in the Scottish first division and money is the main motivation for players. That said does anyone think our manager is putting people off coming here.

I appreciate it's not everyone's dream to play in the Scottish first division and money is the main motivation for players. That said does anyone think our manager is putting people off coming here.

The language he uses does seem a bit negative.  I felt Stevie Aitken was guilty of the same over the last couple of weeks but as soon as he had the squad back in for pre-season his language changed and was much more positive. It does read like he's getting excuses in though, I think I've read Locke mention that Raith don't have a lot of money (or as much money as others) every time he's been interviewed. 

It does look as if he's right regarding strikers though, it seems like everyone is looking for a striker in this league and there doesn't seem to be too much available.

I wonder if Locke has ever successfully signed up a player he hasn't previously worked with before?

The language he uses does seem a bit negative. I felt Stevie Aitken was guilty of the same over the last couple of weeks but as soon as he had the squad back in for pre-season his language changed and was much more positive. It does read like he's getting excuses in though, I think I've read Locke mention that Raith don't have a lot of money (or as much money as others) every time he's been interviewed.

It does look as if he's right regarding strikers though, it seems like everyone is looking for a striker in this league and there doesn't seem to be too much available.

What about Joel Thomas that we let go at the end of the season ? If we are struggling that badly ???