The New Raith Rovers Thread

Firstly...why are we making such a big song and dance about a "Jambo legend" who is just training with us? I don't care about him being a Hearts legend.

Secondly this is exactly the type of signing I was worried about when Locke arrived. He's barely played in 3 years and you just need to talk to any Dundee Utd fan about what he was like for them and how unfit he was and that was 3 years ago!

I'm actually more excited about young Osei signing as he is raw and has some potential. 

I was right about it not being a signing, then. 

Skacel was a fantastic player, though I do have concerns regarding his age. Worth noting we aren't in the Premier League, so to some extent his last spell in Scotland would not be a fair one to judge him in. 

We haven't signed him, so there's time to see what he can offer us. Before making any offers. 

Firstly...why are we making such a big song and dance about a "Jambo legend" who is just training with us? I don't care about him being a Hearts legend.

Secondly this is exactly the type of signing I was worried about when Locke arrived. He's barely played in 3 years and you just need to talk to any Dundee Utd fan about what he was like for them and how unfit he was and that was 3 years ago!

I'm actually more excited about young Osei signing as he is raw and has some potential. 

'A move that is sure to generate interest in the Edinburgh area' and considerably less in the Kirkcaldy one.

Willing to be proved wrong, but his recent track record, scant as it is, doesn't give much cause for optimism.

Thought Raith were good guys?

Bringing back the biggest cheat I've had the misfortune to lay my eyes on since I started with football in the 80s.

Says it all he's worse than another Jambo called Suso.

Edited by Gaz FFC

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We are still due to have another signing today though? Going by the web article from yesterday.

Yeah hopefully it's the Irish boy. Would definitely be happy with him signing on. Skacel I would keep an open mind about..

Just now, CALDERON said:

Yeah he played really well on Saturday, I'd be really happy with him.  Seemed keen also.

Aye, the 'either this, or stacking shelves at Tesco' was a bit of a give away.

Was also good to see the return of "Jocky Scott Steward" at Arbroath :lol:

I seem to remember him having to fish a Rovers fans scarf from the roof of the terracing, but that might be a lie. 

Edited by CALDERON

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Was also good to see the return of "Jocky Scott Steward" at Arbroath :lol:

I seem to remember him having to fish a Rovers fans scarf from the roof of the terracing, but that might be a lie. 

No, that happened. I couldn't believe the JS steward was still there.

Kudos to Arbroath though for those pies as well.