The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Best to go out the cup nice and early and focus on the league anyway. 

The extra gate money would always come in useful would it not. And the further we get the more confidence in the team. No we should go for whatever.s on offer i suggest.

3 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

The extra gate money would always come in useful would it not. And the further we get the more confidence in the team. No we should go for whatever.s on offer i suggest.

I don't think you've read my post right. 

Nobody knows if we were in for him or not. Think it's a good signing for Raith, been impressed with him each time I seen him with Morton.

Some people do B)

Quite happy we've got a recognised forward. If he's anything like the last striker we had from Morton then he'll fit right in.

As for Skacel, it'll be interesting to see how he fits in. You'd hope all the young lads will see it as a chance to learn from a veteran who's spent his career at a higher level.

Jeez I was merely pointing out that Raith clearly had a budget in mind for the season ahead and it seems the reason they've been able to sign two decent players is because they've overspent said budget,, however it's presented. Is that not a fact? If you guys trust the current board not to do this repeatedly over the course of a few season and get yourself in the shit again (albeit on a much smaller scale than we did) then fair enough.

Just my opinion, but it sets wee alarm bells ringing when the board repeatedly ask for bigger crowds to turn out whilst relying on local businesses to fund the playing squad.

Edited by da_no_1

If the external funding was used to plug the gap in operating costs then yes, the klaxon should be going off.

What the local businesses have allowed us is the luxury of a few extra bodies. Could we have assembled a squad without the funding? Absolutely, but we've brought in two solid signings.

Financially, we are doing relatively well. By not over stretching ourselves we've been able to turn over modest profits year after year. Money that I would hope our board would be utilising to bring down our debt, you know instead of just ditching it.

Well done to the two businesses for support!

The bottom line is that the board aren't spending money that we don't have. Without that external funding, neither Skacel nor McManus would've been signed. 

Yes, it isn't an ideal situation and goodwill isn't sustainable. However, the club has been operated at a profit for at least the last 3 seasons and so I trust the board's financial management.