The New Raith Rovers Thread

The bottom line is that the board aren't spending money that we don't have. Without that external funding, neither Skacel nor McManus would've been signed. 

Yes, it isn't an ideal situation and goodwill isn't sustainable. However, the club has been operated at a profit for at least the last 3 seasons and so I trust the board's financial management. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:
5 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

Didnt your fans back your clube for the YEARS ahead. Oh dear the hypocracy abounds. now go ask mummy to change your nappy little boy. :whistle

Childish reply but thanks for trying.

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The bottom line is that the board aren't spending money that we don't have. Without that external funding, neither Skacel nor McManus would've been signed. 

Yes, it isn't an ideal situation and goodwill isn't sustainable. However, the club has been operated at a profit for at least the last 3 seasons and so I trust the board's financial management. 

Sensible reply, thanks

5 minutes ago, mojito said:

If the external funding was used to plug the gap in operating costs then yes, the klaxon should be going off.

What the local businesses have allowed us is the luxury of a few extra bodies. Could we have assembled a squad without the funding? Absolutely, but we've brought in two solid signings.

Financially, we are doing relatively well. By not over stretching ourselves we've been able to turn over modest profits year after year. Money that I would hope our board would be utilising to bring down our debt, you know instead of just ditching it.

Sensible reply, thanks

Knew this would happen once these deals were announced. Pars fans would say we're this and that and think we're struggling financially.
Truth is, I believe we've reinvested some of the Toshney money but I don't think all of it. It makes sense to bank some and see if we can secure support from local business people if we can. Would you spend your own money if you knew someone would buy something for you? Thought not!

Pars fans just jealous that we're cutting our cloth accordingly and doing well on the pitch at the same time.

4 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Pars fans just jealous that we're cutting our cloth accordingly and doing well on the pitch at the same time.

slavering greeting mess

Edited by Barn

14 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Knew this would happen once these deals were announced. Pars fans would say we're this and that and think we're struggling financially.
Truth is, I believe we've reinvested some of the Toshney money but I don't think all of it. It makes sense to bank some and see if we can secure support from local business people if we can. Would you spend your own money if you knew someone would buy something for you? Thought not!

So, truthfully now, if we announced we'd signed two decent players using local businessmens' money, would you just accept it? Or would we be called all the cheating b*****ds under the sun? 

Basically all that's happened is that 2 companies have sponsored players. Most clubs at this level have sponsored players. Just like the manager or teams have sponsored vehicles.
They get a lot of PR out of it.

They'll have a pic in the match day programme with their name or company underneath saying sponsored by whoever.

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

So, truthfully now, if we announced we'd signed two decent players using local businessmens' money, would you just accept it? Or would we be called all the cheating b*****ds under the sun? 

But you are cheating b*****ds. You always have been and you always will be.

There's a difference between signing players with money you don't have and adding it to your debt, and having businessmen paying wages out of their own pocket for a bit of PR while not looking for the money back.

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

But you are cheating b*****ds. You always have been and you always will be.

Thank f**k for CVA's eh? The quickly approaching reality that we are going to finish considerably higher up the table than you must hurt tbf.

Gary Locke tho.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Jeez I was merely pointing out that Raith clearly had a budget in mind for the season ahead and it seems the reason they've been able to sign two decent players is because they've overspent said budget,, however it's presented. Is that not a fact? If you guys trust the current board not to do this repeatedly over the course of a few season and get yourself in the shit again (albeit on a much smaller scale than we did) then fair enough.

Just my opinion, but it sets wee alarm bells ringing when the board repeatedly ask for bigger crowds to turn out whilst relying on local businesses to fund the playing squad.

Are they really saying that though or just that with the signings they hope for more fans to turn up?

Also where is the repetition?

They had a budget and have added to it with investment that I'm assuming is no strings. You can only overspend your own money.

Are the businessmen demanding repayment?

Are they really saying that though or just that with the signings they hope for more fans to turn up?

Also where is the repetition?

They had a budget and have added to it with investment that I'm assuming is no strings. You can only overspend your own money.

Are the businessmen demanding repayment?

They funded loans/transfers in January the same way and the Raith board are always in the Press pleading for more people through the gates. It doesn't sound like these businessmen want their money back. Given the Raith boards' sterling efforts to turn the clubs' finances round in recent times I'd be amazed if that was the case. However there must be something in it for them to make it worth their while other than a mention in the programme.

Like I said if it were us announcing deals like this Rovers fans' would be utterly exploding with rage......

The quickly approaching reality that we are going to finish considerably higher up the table than you must hurt tbf.

Dunfermline fans one and only wish this season, desperate so they are. I always thought we were insignificant to them. Clearly shitting it.

Looking forward to the season now that most of the players are signed up. Decent enough squad to hopefully challenge for a play-off spot. Not overly fussed about Dunfermline, or any other team for that matter. If Dunfermline finish above us, then good luck to them.

Looking forward to the season now that most of the players are signed up. Decent enough squad to hopefully challenge for a play-off spot. Not overly fussed about Dunfermline, or any other team for that matter. If Dunfermline finish above us, then good luck to them.

Most of the players? :lol:

All of the players are signed up now..

Like a said a few pages back this is more of the 2 business taking a PR gamble out of their own pocket and not Rovers taking a gamble for asking for money from them then paying them back. It's all seems very well organised. No way would Rovers risk the chance of doing a dunfy or gers. If anything I doubt you will here much more teams in Scotland going down the shitter a lot more money in the game now to keep houses in order