The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

To be fair to Skacel, he looks in better shape than he did whilst at United.

Although it could just be that fucking god awful top playing tricks on my eyes. 

I look in better shape than Skacel did at United.

As obvious as it sounds, it went well last year to do it again this year. I'm guessing the businesses are making the money back or most from it from the PR and at their gamble and not Raiths. I'm prob talking shite ha but that's my passing thought.

Optimistic times anyway this season for Raith [emoji869]

Local businesses supporting clubs is a good thing so long as it's not built on sand or backed by monopoly money as it transpired was the Masterton set up. We've been criticised for getting the begging bowls out, but it's the same thing, simply asking for backing from the local community. No one has to give it.

There's also a big difference between asking for better support (which Raith deserve) and relying on it to back a gamble. It's not clear which is the case, it's just a wee warning bell after what the pars went through. I think it's more likely to be on the sensible side though considering the turmoil they've had in the past. Surely they wouldn't be daft enough to follow our lead.

3 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Raith Rovers FC wishes to profoundly thank both Colin Smart of Kingdom Homes and Stuart Couser of Fife Letting Service for their incredibly generous support to the club, without which neither transaction could have been completed.

Ryan's da?

Local businesses supporting clubs is a good thing so long as it's not built on sand or backed by monopoly money as it transpired was the Masterton set up. We've been criticised for getting the begging bowls out, but it's the same thing, simply asking for backing from the local community. No one has to give it.

There's also a big difference between asking for better support (which Raith deserve) and relying on it to back a gamble. It's not clear which is the case, it's just a wee warning bell after what the pars went through. I think it's more likely to be on the sensible side though considering the turmoil they've had in the past. Surely they wouldn't be daft enough to follow our lead.

Jesuschristalmighty. A sensible posting from a Dunfy fan. Shock! Horror!

The "call" for fans to back us is just the same thing that has been asked of us for years. We have pretty small attendances considering the size of Kirkcaldy and the surrounding area. Obviously thr board would love higher crowds and more revenue but this "call" has nothing to do with us being in imminant trouble. Our climb out of debt has been going pretty well the past few years as far as I'm aware with good work from the board and performances on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah, I had a vague recollection of that. Just checked the United site and looks like Skacel came on for the last half hour, had a goal disallowed and also hit the bar. Only game he played against Hibs for us and the only one we lost to them that season. 

He was like a man possessed that day. It was almost as if he hated every man, woman and child associated with Hibernian FC and desperately wanted to score against them so he could point to that fucking farcical 51 number on his shirt.