The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've stuck a tenner in a month for it, and I know a few of my mates have also. Not sure on how many numbers we're currently at. But £10 a month is nothing, it's essentially 1 less bad coupon a month or 1 less box of beer that's on offer. It's a great idea by the club, however I think they should try and promote it better and in a positive way. The only real mention was in the FFP at the end of the season when it just kicked off saying how poor it's taken off, but if they take into the consideration of the cost of playoff games etc and season tickets. Bad form to slag fans off at the time.

There's been at least one leaflet produced for it, it's been promoted on the weekly email several times, and been on the website at least twice. The second occasion featured a video of how it worked, and where the funds were going.

Good prospect for us.  Done a job a couple of times last season when asked to.  Played RB for some of last season where he didnt offer much going forward, but very solid at the back.  Had Kenny Miller in his back pocket at Starks Park.

Was at Brechin last season for a bit and they rated him I think.

Good prospect for us.  Done a job a couple of times last season when asked to.  Played RB for some of last season where he didnt offer much going forward, but very solid at the back.  Had Kenny Miller in his back pocket at Starks Park.

Was at Brechin last season for a bit and they rated him I think.

Cheers. Dick is looking for 1 loan to take the squad to 20 and its between Bates and Jassum Suker from Dundee United according to the Courier

There's been at least one leaflet produced for it, it's been promoted on the weekly email several times, and been on the website at least twice. The second occasion featured a video of how it worked, and where the funds were going.

I think the problem is that we have a fairly small, and not particularly fanatical fanbase.

I don't bother reading the e-mails. I think I did get a flyer, but it was thrust into a pocket and then probably discarded. I can't be alone in this. It's difficult to get people to engage unless they really care.

I joined up to the PAYE (pay as you enjoy) scheme a while back when we were struggling. This was to encourage fans to pay a quid for every goal scored by Rovers. It was a decent enough idea, but it worked on the premise that you sent a cheque at the end of every month and I just got to the stage I couldn't be bothered.

I hope the current scheme to raise money for youth development works out for the club but I would be shocked if more than 50-100 folk signed up. I would also be interested to see how long those people stick with it before they kill off the direct debit during an online banking DD purge.

We are being linked with David Bates on loan. Any good?

He's a good central defender and he can also play right back. Filled in well and got quite a few first team games last season. I was reasonably impressed with him.

53 minutes ago, steely59 said:

Pars fans are a laugh. They genuinely think that they will finish above us. They don't have one player I would have at Raith. As for this wee team business WE ARE CLEARLY BIGGER than the Pars. Recent league position proves that COYR

I know it's a Friday brer, but it's not even 3 o'clock.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I think the problem is that we have a fairly small, and not particularly fanatical fanbase. 

There's a lot of apathy in our support but also in the surrounding area. Plus it doesn't really help that there's no money in the town. Dunfermline and the surrounding areas have a lot of Edinburgh money in it these days with the commuters. We're probably just on the edge of that but not as desirable.

Can't say I'm much help as I've havent really been at many games the past few season since I stopped renewing my season ticket.

Pars fans wondering why I posted a picture on their page of the North stand, it's been there all afternoon and they still haven't clicked that the last picture posted on their page stays as their profile lol

2 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Pars fans wondering why I posted a picture on their page of the North stand, it's been there all afternoon and they still haven't clicked that the last picture posted on their page stays as their profile lol

:lol: ladies and gentleman, we have an absolute LEGEND of the trolling game right here!

7 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Yes, you are correct we have 1000 fans paying £20 a month towards the Centenary Club lifeline. Suppose it is the same principle. I shall never comment on anything to do with Raiths' finances ever again as I don't want to be accused of being a "bed-wetter" or that I am still of school age.

I'm going to hold you to this you slavering faced shite.

3 minutes ago, nade not tade said:

Don't post that often but YAWN. It's well baws. Please can we ignore the trolls and talk about the Raith squad ? I think a mid table finish is the best a Gary Locke managed team can do.

With the squad hes now assembled it would be very disappointing if we didnt challenge for a play off spot at least. I sat on the fence when his appointment was made but so fat he has impressed me more than Mckinnon did. We will surprise a few teams this year of that their is no doubt.

With the squad hes now assembled it would be very disappointing if we didnt challenge for a play off spot at least. I sat on the fence when his appointment was made but so fat he has impressed me more than Mckinnon did. We will surprise a few teams this year of that their is no doubt.

A manager who's been in charge for two competitive games has impressed you more than one who got us to the play offs?