The New Raith Rovers Thread

Great initiative and a huge well done for giving it a shot.

Best time to try it too if we have almost 1200 season ticket holders - pretty much the entire core support has one, then.

Bold move. Hopefully it works.

15 hours ago, Shooboax said:

Gypsies tramps and thieves by Cher paying homage to your support and the annual Tinks Market where you get a regional holiday.

Very clever I see what you did there.

My suggestion is a track just for our visitors the following Saturday.

Gordon can we have  Busteds "Crash and Burn"  It just hits the mark in so many ways.

Edited by Scottydog

In all seriousness, fair play to your board, for doing this. It's important to listen to fans, and it's now up to the fans complaining, to turn up. If they don't, then their complaints will cost the club money.

I'd guess that you'll probably determine the price for the second Pars game at Starks, based on how many people are willing to pay £20 this time around (ie. Might be £18 or something, if turnout isn't great)? No point in lowering prices v Dunfermline, Hibs & Dundee Utd to £15, when they'll all bring a good crowd at a higher price. Again though, smart move to say the prices will be announced for those games on a game-by-game basis, to allow prices to change, based on responses to existing £20 tickets.

Although it's good that the club have done something, I doubt that a £3 saving will bring any more fans in. If folk are refusing to go for the sake of three quid then we are probably better off without them at Starks.

28 minutes ago, 2711 said:

Although it's good that the club have done something, I doubt that a £3 saving will bring any more fans in. If folk are refusing to go for the sake of three quid then we are probably better off without them at Starks.

I don't think it's the sake of £3 that keeps people away, but the price overall is a huge factor. 

The £20 price for the bigger games is only an extra £2, but the bigger barrier is the psychological one. When prices break the £20 barrier in this league, people start take notice about what they are being asked to pay and reconsider. Anywhere between £16-19  is the norm, but the £20 mark is where it stands out and people notice. 

I unfortunately doubt that this will have the desired impact, but you can't really accuse the club of not trying.  

17 hours ago, Shooboax said:

Gypsies tramps and thieves by Cher paying homage to your support and the annual Tinks Market where you get a regional holiday.

No, Rovers supporters, the only monster here is the banter monster that has enslaved Shooboax. I call him Bantor, and its time to snatch Shooboax from his neon claws!

1 hour ago, 2711 said:

Presumably it's for away fans as well though. I think I'd be going along to Starks Park either way for the United games but there are grounds where you sometimes think (or at least I do) "you know what, f**k paying £X to go there". A few quid might be incidental in the grand scheme of things but the fact that a club are seen to be acting fairly can be enough to make all the difference. £15 seems about right for a game of football in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Presumably it's for away fans as well though. I think I'd be going along to Starks Park either way for the United games but there are grounds where you sometimes think (or at least I do) "you know what, f**k paying £X to go there". A few quid might be incidental in the grand scheme of things but the fact that a club are seen to be acting fairly can be enough to make all the difference. £15 seems about right for a game of football in the Championship.

For the remaining 6 fixtures, against Dundee United, Hibernian and Dunfermline Athletic, the club will announce admission prices and ticket arrangements ahead of each fixture.

http://www.raithrovers.net/26238/lowest-admission-prices-in-the-championship-announced.htm

14 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

For the remaining 6 fixtures, against Dundee United, Hibernian and Dunfermline Athletic, the club will announce admission prices and ticket arrangements ahead of each fixture.

http://www.raithrovers.net/26238/lowest-admission-prices-in-the-championship-announced.htm

Meh, still a decent move from Rovers.

I'll be interested to see if the price reduction leads to larger home crowds. My initial reaction is that it won't but I hope I'm proved wrong.

The usual comment when someone mentions the price being a factor is that it should be no more than a tenner to get in. Frankly I have my doubts whether the people saying that would attend regularly even if prices were reduced to £10.

Time will tell if this move makes any difference.

I'll be interested to see if the price reduction leads to larger home crowds. My initial reaction is that it won't but I hope I'm proved wrong.

I tend to agree although it's a good move by the board. I highly doubt it would raise crowds at St Mirren if we did likewise.