The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

If those guys are big Rovers fans (which they must be to be putting their hands in their pockets) they'd be calling the club asking for them to be dropped, if such a clause existed. Which it almost certainly doesn't.

In Skacel's case that's probably right but it's quite common for loan players to come with the stipulation that if they're fit then they play. If you don't play them then charges from the parent club can come into it. Daniel Harvie on loan at us at the moment is apparently under a similar agreement.

If those guys are big Rovers fans (which they must be to be putting their hands in their pockets) they'd be calling the club asking for them to be dropped, if such a clause existed. Which it almost certainly doesn't.

I'd be over the moon if we could release both Skacel and McManus tomorrow. Stevenson too. Recall Vaughan and look at bringing in some options to supplement him and Stewart.

In other words, reverse every single decision the manager has made with our attacking options...

I would have thought the issue may be Fleetwood would want McManus to play. That may be in his contract. McManus is way off form and needs dropped, but when he's on form he's good enough.

Skacel looks done and is a strange signing. I assumed when we signed him that he may be used as a coach, and that if he played it would be the odd 20 minutes here and there as a sub.

Stevenson is also a strange signing, although not quite in the Rudi way. He's only 32 but he's done very little in the last couple of years. Locke is taking a major gamble there, as he obviously thinks he can get him back on form.

Hardie looked like a wee boy lost when he came on against The Pars, but hopefully he can regain his form too.

A lot of ifs.

We seem to be the joke club these days. I understand that Vaughan needed to go out on loan. But I'd rather he went to Airdrie and in return we could have got their young Goal scorer Ryan. But to send him to a direct rival is sheer lunacy. Stevenson looks like he's 18 stone. What are you thinking Gary Locke. Wonder what Gilles Rousset is doing these days.

Think recent results/performances combined with the Vaughan/Stevenson news will be making a few folk dust off their pitchforks. A few more bad results and Locke will be under some pressure from our infamous boo boys.

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Whilst I am no fan of Stevo, he is absolutely not unfit. He's a personal trainer who spends every day in the gym. He often uploads videos/pics of himself 'lifting' so any bulk he's carrying is muscle.

That being said, muscle weight wont help his inability to run or jump.

I basically said the same thing elsewhere this morning. But my argument was, he isn't in bad shape. He is built like a tank. But as you also point out his legs seem to have gone slightly.

As much as he didn't jump, I actually thought latterly he was quite good coming off the bench and holding the ball up when we were trying to see out games.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Think recent results/performances combined with the Vaughan/Stevenson news will be making a few folk dust off their pitchforks. A few more bad results and Locke will be under some pressure from our infamous boo boys.

Hope so. 

11 minutes ago, 210516 said:

He doesn't like the manager at all

Is it because Lewis is a Hibee and Locke is a Jambo? :P In all seriousness not good to hear that we have a player who doesn't like the gaffer, wonder how many others in the current team feel the same way. Worrying.

Interesting use of language in Lockes FFP interview

“It’s not as if we’re negative in our team selection. Against Dunfermline we played with Declan, Rudi, Bobby Barr, Chris Johnston and Ross Callachan, who are all forward thinking players

First names for his favourites, full names for the rest.

To be honest whether he likes the manager or not he is employed by the club to perform every Saturday, Think it's a good move to loan Lewis out think he's lacking a bit match sharpness and confidence, however to loan him out to a fellow championship club is complete madness as going on current form this could effect our position in the league .

Locke's wording in that interview suggests that Vaughan may play for you towards the end of the season. I hope not.

SD seems to have pretty much ruled that out. It's probably a sad state of affairs when I absolutely 100% take the word of a stranger using a Marillion themed alias rather than a professional football manager, but there we are.