The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Falkirk fans getting stick for having a go at Hughes. He left Falkirk in a mess after a good start and we warned Hibs what would happen, we were right. He joined ICT we warned them the same, we were right. We are now saying the same to Raith fans, and we will be right. He will keep Raif up. They will hand him a juicy contract and his merry go round will start again. Be warned

Yet this is somehow all about you.

Again.

Happy new year, everyone.

I was one of the few to support the appointment of Locke - and while something not working out doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad appointment, I wouldn't press the point. It seems I was wrong and nearly everyone else was right. Fair cop. I don't really believe in sacking managers but I can't really argue with this one. From the outside it's all looked pretty unimpressive, from the kid-in-a-sweetie-shop signing policy, to the lack of any sort of cohesion on the pitch - as well as one I two things I heard about Locke off-field which didn't endear him to me.

(However, despite them having got that appointment wrong, I don't agree with or accept most of the criticism of Drysdale or the board that's been floating about.)

We move on. Hughes seems like a sensible enough short-term appointment, of the options available. We still have enough in us to stay up, which is now the limit of our ambition for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I didn't think he would, but that's good to here. He enjoying it? After getting MOTM against you lot, and playing well the week after against QOS it was unfortunate (from his respect) that in our game against Raith we put on a brilliant performance, with Stanton running the show from the middle.

It's different and he's more part of the team over in the west.  Him and Sammy are good pals now and I'm sure they will hit it off on the pitch too. 

Lewis always plays out his skin against us, can never understand why :) 

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

Happy new year, everyone.

I was one of the few to support the appointment of Locke - and while something not working out doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad appointment, I wouldn't press the point. It seems I was wrong and nearly everyone else was right. Fair cop. I don't really believe in sacking managers but I can't really argue with this one. From the outside it's all looked pretty unimpressive, from the kid-in-a-sweetie-shop signing policy, to the lack of any sort of cohesion on the pitch - as well as one I two things I heard about Locke off-field which didn't endear him to me.

(However, despite them having got that appointment wrong, I don't agree with or accept most of the criticism of Drysdale or the board that's been floating about.)

We move on. Hughes seems like a sensible enough short-term appointment, of the options available. We still have enough in us to stay up, which is now the limit of our ambition for the rest of the season.

The bottom bit is the most important point. There's no point over analysing or holding any grudges over the situation now Locke is gone. I'm quite confident Hughes can get the team working together and keep us safe in the remaining games. After that we can look at how we move on in the summer, whether the whole scenario turns out good for bad. 

Falkirk fans are weird slating Hughes seeing as he is their only active manager to actually achieve anything of note. Guess they are just happy being slightly better than mediocre these days.  

On the face of it, a cracking appointment for Raith.

Complete pish!

The clown nearly put us out of business with his (and George Craig's) ego driven "next level" lunacy.

Great player for us but ultimately went rogue as manager and his track record since has been one of short term success them acrimonious sacking / resignation.

Raith are welcome to him.

Not really seeing how it's Yogi's fault the Falkirk board gave him everything he wanted. Any manager would ask for as much money as possible to build the best team. It's up to the board to set the budgets and make the manager stick to them.

All irrelevant to us at the moment anyway as he's only here till the end of the season and won't be signing anyone.

If he only stays until the end of the season would be good to see someone come in as his Number 2 with the end goal to be succeeding him at the end of the season. Someone like Latapy as an example as that would then give the club continuity as well. Probably not happen like that though lol

It's different and he's more part of the team over in the west.  Him and Sammy are good pals now and I'm sure they will hit it off on the pitch too. 
Lewis always plays out his skin against us, can never understand why [emoji4] 

Hopefully he'll be noticed by his boyhood heroes, or is that a whoosh lol

How do the Raith fans reckon Yogi will do after last being a manager at Hartlepool and at Inverness Caley before that?

Hard to say, although we only need some new manager bounce and we'll be safe.

10 points between now and the end of the season should see us to safety.