The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

So Zanatta can play wide left?

Good news if true. The drama queens will be up in arms and jumping to conclusions about this being a direct exchange for Callachan but that isn't the case.

The board turned down an initial offer of cash + player so I suspect the approved deal is a more cash.

If we can get in Zanatta, Fraser Murray and now potentially Herron out of selling Callachan, I'll be happy.

Aye he played wide left on quite a few occasions last season. Terrific player with a load of potential. Has the ability to play in the top flight, and physically he's no slouch. Can glide by players with ease and can certainly strike a ball. Gutted he didn't come back on loan to us and will be interesting to see if he plays ahead of Vaughan, Spence and Buchanan. Wish him all the best 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Aye how the f**k is this going to work? Can't be dropping The Four Horseman that is Vaughan, Spence, Buchanan and Barr.

Agree with this Raithie. Unless we're signing someone else then it seems a bit like a loan for the sake of it. 

Also, I think because it's a development loan, he'll still be turning out for Hearts U20s. :rolleyes:

I like a moan as much as the rest of us but Jesus Christ guys get a grip! We have said all season about the lack of depth in our squad, we add some and people complain.

By all means complain if this is the only signing we make but if we sign a central midfielder as well then a wide midfielder would have been next on my list to get. We have one winger in our squad. Wingers are notoriously inconsistent, especially at this level. A game changing sub and depth in that position was much needed.

I take all this back if we don't sign a centre mid but I think we will. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Zanatta a replacement for Vaughan? Protecting yourselves in case a late bid comes in?

If the board sanctioned a move for Vaughan right after letting Callachan go,  we'd all be roaring back to the board room with pitchforks.

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but the interviews previously from Young was to bring through our own players not to bring in other teams youth. If some of out U20s are not cut out for league 1 then time to get rid.

Of the manager?