The New Raith Rovers Thread

Coming on here is worse that fantalk people just say stupid things cos smith got manager of the month.Can people not just say well done instead of saying that's us jinxed what a silly think to say people still going on about last season.

4 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Smith has won manager of the month and Vaughan player of the month. Both very much deserved.

Both Smith and Vaughan are outstanding candiddates and worthy winners.

I don't doubt they will pick up more awards this season.

The difference in the team now, under Smith's management, is night and day to what it was with GFL and Yogi,

The potential was always there after McKinnon left, those two trogs were simply poor managers unable to tap it. Well done Barry!

Onwards and upwards. 

COYR!!

this should be sent to Gary F Locke, with the caption -get it right up you

I'm delighted for both Barry Smith and Lewis Vaughan, but I don't harbour any grudge against Locke - he was no better or worse than I ever imagined he would be. The fault lies squarely with those who appointed him.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm delighted for both Barry Smith and Lewis Vaughan, but I don't harbour any grudge against Locke - he was no better or worse than I ever imagined he would be. The fault lies squarely with those who appointed him.

Locke cant be faulted for applying for a job. I can apply to a managerial vacancy too and maybe some clueless board will appoint me. The difference is I know I'd be out of my depth whereas Locke didnt. He never had it in him. The current players managed by Smith are mostly the same as Locke had available but the difference in standard is like night and day. You're right, those who apointed him are as incompetent as he is; they and Locke were delusional.

The thing that annoyed me about Locke was the fact he persisted with some myth that we were being hard done by. Even still, it's all in the past and the fault completely lies with the board believing it was a smart idea to loan out our best ex-youth academy player to free up the wages for a Dumbarton and Ayr reject who was past his prime. To a club in our league. Instead of a 36 year old crock who hadn't offered anything for the past 4 years in Scottish football. Still baffles me as to how they thought Skacel could offer more than Vaughan. That Hearts hospitality VIP package though...

Locke cant be faulted for applying for a job. I can apply to a managerial vacancy too and maybe some clueless board will appoint me. The difference is I know I'd be out of my depth whereas Locke didnt. He never had it in him. The current players managed by Smith are mostly the same as Locke had available but the difference in standard is like night and day. You're right, those who apointed him are as incompetent as he is; they and Locke were delusional.

True but what I do fault Locke for is wasting our budget to give his pals one last payday that was just sheer stupidity, had he just signed the wrong players and been hopeless that's one thing but he just used us as a wee social club for his mates. Trading Vaughan for Stevenson was an absolute joke, you don't have to be Alex Ferguson to see that. I,m just glad he didn't meet anyone selling some magic beans on the way to Dumbarton.