The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, grumswall said:
52 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Any chance of a screenshot? Won't open for me.

He says all the right things, loving it here, really happy etc etc. A similar article was in today's Courier.

He'll be gone, but I'd be stunned if he signed for the Pars.

He says all the right things, loving it here, really happy etc etc. A similar article was in today's Courier.
He'll be gone, but I'd be stunned if he signed for the Pars.
Thanks. After mcglynn saying we had met his demands, weeks ago the writing was on the wall.

Hopefully Armstrong will see those 3 as a sideways step rather than an upwards step. 
Dunfermline and Morton might yet end up down here and as good as Ayr have done, they're not going up. 
Can't see how any of those clubs would be a sidewards step as it stands. We're a long way short of going up just now and he will most likely get a better wage out of playing for any one of them. Ayr being his hometown team seams the most logical move for him unfortunately. Hopefully he buys in to mcglynn and what he wants to accomplish though!

8 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Is mid to lower table Championship really that much more attractive than a title battle in the league below? 

Think it's a bit early for that comparison. We could be well back into the race next month but he has to make his mind up before then. 

I see we're (St Johnstone) being quoted as showing an interest in Armstrong.

What type of player is he? What side of the pitch does he play on?

We're short on wingers, and pace, due to a season ending injury to a new signing, so would make a lot of sense if we did make a move. 

Ideally you'll tell me he can play on either flank and centrally behind a striker, as we've two right footers like that, so a left footer would even things up.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I see we're (St Johnstone) being quoted as showing an interest in Armstrong.
What type of player is he? What side of the pitch does he play on?
We're short on wingers, and pace, due to a season ended injury to a new signing, so would make a lot of sense if we did make a move. 
Left footer who had played on the right for us.

Direct and likes to cut in on his left leg Also likes a meg.

Good goals to game ratio. 5 in 7 I think but may be wrong.

Actually, he's shite. Best dropping your interest and looking elsewhere.

Just now, Deadly said:

Left footer who had played on the right for us.

Direct and likes to cut in on his left leg Also likes a meg.

Good goals to game ratio. 5 in 7 I think but may be wrong.

Actually, he's shite. Best dropping your interest and looking elsewhere.

Sounds pretty much exactly what we need, tbh. We've got two right footed players like that (Swanson/Kennedy) so a left footer to mix things up would be perfect. I think our manager would plan to use him on the right, with those two beside him, and allow them all the move around each other.

53 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Championship football is a step up from a team 10 points adrift in second place in this league. 

Perhaps, but if Shankland had looked at it that way at this time last season and signed for Falkirk......

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Yeah, but Ayr were sitting 5 points clear at the top. 

Still doesn't detract from the point that at one stage last season we were 10 points clear and lost the league to them on the last day......and lost it to a team that didn't strengthen much yet now sits 1pt off the top of the Championship with a game in hand.

Armstrong may do well to look at the past 2 of the past sides that were promoted from this division and what they went on to do, and no I wasn't referring to Brechin or Alloa.