The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

What an absolute joy it must be to manage the Rovers!! 

You have McGlynn and Smith working with, and improving, a precocious talent such as  Bowie, 6 figure sum coming in and, on the other hand, getting "hoots" from our resident experts on here about his loan dealings! 

I seem to remember similar advice/derision from the same crew when we brought in Nisbet et al.

Don't know much about Steven McLean but I'm sure he will be no worse that the likes of Rudi Skacel, Jon Daly  and others.

Credit where credit is due............however it seems as though McGlynn is damned (by some) if he does and damned if he doesn't!!  

Consider, for a minute with what McGlynn and Smith have actually done since taking over the legacy left by  GF Locke, Yogi Bear and Baz                        Sheeesh!!

No worse than the likes of Rudi Skacel and Jon Daly. *sobbing noises*

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Rover1990 said:
Bowie won't be a loan according to FFP the transfer is getting delayed until the summer window.

One injury and they pull out. Would prefer the cash now thank you.

I know its the Rovers we,re talking about but if a transfer is agreed along with a fee you,d expect it to be set in stone where theres not get out clause

Would be pleasantly surprised if we signed McLean but really can’t see it happening. When did he last play week in week out? He might struggle being a regular starter, especially with his injury problems.

I’d settle for Kenny Miller who has at least been playing regularly.

I really don’t want Doolan!

Would be happy with McLean can definitely do a job at this level, only worry is that he’s not played week in week out this season and could take a strain on his body with the parks. Would the Anderson loan be replaced by McLean or is that our replacement for Gullan?