The New Raith Rovers Thread

If MacLean stays fit, and it's a big if with our track record, he could be just what we are looking for. On paper a very good signing and a better option than I thought we'd be left with. 

On Bowie, £150k is a decent fee for someone with less than a season of football under his belt. Assuming we've covered ourselves with some future add ons then you can't argue with that. 

Is it not the case that only one over age loan is allowed? If so I'm assuming a) we've not messed up with the rules and b) that Anderson has had his loan terminated. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

48 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

McLean is a much better signing that Miller would have ever been. He should bully defenders at League One level. Hopefully he isn’t quite up to speed for Saturday!

Dont worry McGlynn will have him sitting on the bench 😂

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

I think we’re in the process of trying to end Anderson’s loan deal as he’s injured for the foreseeable. However Anderson fairly got the defence into shape by roaring like a mad man and you could see the rest of the team get their act together. If MacLean is of a similar mould then great :)

He certainly will moan and complain for the whole 90 minutes. Great player, hope he does well for you. Will always be a saints legend though. He is a vey intelligent player.

McGlynn confirming that Anderson is back at St Johnstone and that we now have two loan spots available.

He says he has one specific target in mind but not sure he'll get him. Sounds as though any loan deals we do will likely be after the deadline.

Everybody now available apart from Vaughan and Allan. It seemed to me that Allan won't be back this season.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Is it not the case that only one over age loan is allowed? If so I'm assuming a) we've not messed up with the rules and b) that Anderson has had his loan terminated. 

Obviously the second part has now been confirmed but I don’t think there is an overage limit anymore. I’m sure it used to be the rule but Falkirk have McManus (25) McMillan (31) and De Vita (32) on loan just now so it must have changed.

12 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Obviously the second part has now been confirmed but I don’t think there is an overage limit anymore. I’m sure it used to be the rule but Falkirk have McManus (25) McMillan (31) and De Vita (32) on loan just now so it must have changed.

Never thought of that. Panic over. 

McGlynn confirming that Anderson is back at St Johnstone and that we now have two loan spots available.

He says he has one specific target in mind but not sure he'll get him. Sounds as though any loan deals we do will likely be after the deadline.

Everybody now available apart from Vaughan and Allan. It seemed to me that Allan won't be back this season.

Wonder who this target that he’s not sure he’ll get is

Not sure if you’re trying to prove your point here or not but It’s got nothing to do with McGlynn on whether Bowie stays to play 100 games or not which he obviously won’t be.

We’ve all got faith in McGlynn though.

Not trying to prove a point, but you were laughing and the other one was saying about players not sticking to his word, but i would presume the idea had came from mglynn to play 100 games 1st. My post wasn’t written in a “but bowie promised” way. Just came as a bit of a surprise so soon after it had been announced about the amount of games.

32 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Anderson leaving is a shame but is probably the right move. The difference he made in the defence when he arrived when obvious.

Would be pleased to have him along to the open top bus tour in May.

I might be pleased to see him in a role as a player-coach next year. Don’t know if he  leans toward coaching, but his obvious tactical knowledge and passion suggest a useful defensive coach, and surely a McGurn like role helping our back line while working and earning his badges...just saying. Might never actually play, but with his guile, I think he’d do.

I might be pleased to see him in a role as a player-coach next year. Don’t know if he  leans toward coaching, but his obvious tactical knowledge and passion suggest a useful defensive coach, and surely a McGurn like role helping our back line while working and earning his badges...just saying. Might never actually play, but with his guile, I think he’d do.
Davo helps out with the youth teams, last I heard so more likely he will be kept on in that role.