The New Raith Rovers Thread

That's The Courier reporting Bowie is going to Fulham. 

£150k and stays with us for the season. 

Realistically that's about as good as it could've got in terms of him being sold. I feared £60k or some pish from Dundee United. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What are you expecting to get at this level?

You lot signed David McMillan and Connor Sammon and acted like they were great signings. MacLean is, and always has been, better than those two.

I simply said he was a different type of striker from kenny miller and i stand by that. Miller is more of a pacy goal scorer maclean more a hold it up bring other players in witj a big of gile striker. His success at raith will simply depend on whether he still has the legs for the rough and tumble of league one.

That's The Courier reporting Bowie is going to Fulham. 
£150k and stays with us for the season. 
Realistically that's about as good as it could've got in terms of him being sold. I feared £60k or some pish from Dundee United. 
If there's a sell on fee included as well that's probably as good as we could've hoped for.

Speaks volumes about Mcglynn and Smith that Bowie has went for the much. The difference and improvement in just a few months is vast. 

Very good deal for the club and the player. A shame we couldn't keep him for another season, but £150k for one of our youth prospects is very very good business. 

Macca is very much his own man and Im sure he will become a successful manager some day.He has a great football brain and his positional sense and awareness is outstanding.He does score goals but his biggest asset is that he is always available for an out ball,he holds the play up and brings others into the game..He is a very good player who all saints fans love dearly.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/in-full/hearts-striker-steven-maclean-dispels-idea-he-can-t-play-on-plastic-1-4771307 I would be shitting it signing him to play on 7 outta 10 teams plastic pitches when his surgeon advises not to [emoji1787][emoji1787]
Vaughans original surgeon wanted to do two ops to fix something a different one managed to do in one. Surgeons are the same as the rest of us. They all have opinions and... Are by and large arseholes.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What are you expecting to get at this level?

You lot signed David McMillan and Connor Sammon and acted like they were great signings. MacLean is, and always has been, better than those two.

I for one didn't think Sammon and McMillan were great signings. I didn't think Sammon should have been signed in the first place and I still don't rate the guy. McMillan was a panic signing imo by McKinnon, he's a poor player. They might just be able enough to help McManus and get us over the line at the end of the season but I don't want to see either of them in a Falkirk shirt next season. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I for one didn't think Sammon and McMillan were great signings. I didn't think Sammon should have been signed in the first place and I still don't rate the guy. McMillan was a panic signing imo by McKinnon, he's a poor player. They might just be able enough to help McManus and get us over the line at the end of the season but I don't want to see either of them in a Falkirk shirt next season. 

Sammon does fine. Ten goals already this season so will probs end up with about 15 which is fine. Macmillan scores the odd great goal but otherwise has been pish.

Good business all round today I think. We lack a ‘proper’ centre forward who’ll batter into defenders and Maclean, although 37, should give us that. Surely a much better option than a random 18 year old, and of the names we’ve missed out on, he’s one of the best options.

On Bowie, I’m really disappointed to lose him but it was always going to happen and £150k plus add-ons simply can’t be turned down from a club in our position. I’m sure the finer detail will become clearer but sounds like the board have done a grand job there.

Anyone still knicker-wetting?

Macca is very much his own man and Im sure he will become a successful manager some day.He has a great football brain and his positional sense and awareness is outstanding.He does score goals but his biggest asset is that he is always available for an out ball,he holds the play up and brings others into the game..He is a very good player who all saints fans love dearly.

He’ll need a new nickname. We’ve already got our own Macca!