The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not getting into the grass v astro debate, I've ruptured my Acl (and every other ligament in the knee) and the know the recovery and physio process pretty well, I'm genuinely baffled by what agenda you presume I have, but there's no danger anyone can think Vaughan has had the proper rehab and rehabilitation to break down a further 2 times with the same injury? I remember finding it baffling at the time how quick he came back after the last injury, right enough he was out again within weeks. Someone needed to protect Lewis from himself. 
I just assumed you were trolling with it. There was an interview posted on Sunday (I think) with Vaughan where he spoke about it all. It gives a good insight into his injuries. The one he did a few games after we played you last season was the other leg. This season he has redone the original one. Everything seems to have been done by the book with his recovery with both of them though.

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Fair, by the wording and use of the word original I presumed it meant his first surgeon. 

I'm not getting into the grass v astro debate, I've ruptured my Acl (and every other ligament in the knee) and the know the recovery and physio process pretty well, I'm genuinely baffled by what agenda you presume I have, but there's no danger anyone can think Vaughan has had the proper rehab and rehabilitation to break down a further 2 times with the same injury? I remember finding it baffling at the time how quick he came back after the last injury, right enough he was out again within weeks. Someone needed to protect Lewis from himself. 

I think he did the original knee after coming back quickly.

Some people are just more prone to it. I've dislocated both my knees before, and did all the required rehab etc. Granted its not as complex as ACL, but sometimes people are just built a certain way. 

Some people are just more prone to it. I've dislocated both my knees before, and did all the required rehab etc. Granted its not as complex as ACL, but sometimes people are just built a certain way. 
I done my shoulder ligaments and was told I'd be fine in 2/3 months. I did everything I was told to by the physios and ended up being out for close to a year. I think with Vaughan his "makeup" is just different in respect to those injuries unfortunately.

Have complete faith in John McGlynn signing the best players who will fit into our team and getting the best out of them. That’s why I have no worries about McLean. He’ll do the job he’s needed to do. The main difference between McGlynn’s teams and the likes of Locke/Smiths teams in recent years are that there’s no prima donnas who think they are better than they are. We have a team of hard working players now which is why, despite our injuries, we are top of the league (for now).

Have complete faith in John McGlynn signing the best players who will fit into our team and getting the best out of them. That’s why I have no worries about McLean. He’ll do the job he’s needed to do. The main difference between McGlynn’s teams and the likes of Locke/Smiths teams in recent years are that there’s no prima donnas who think they are better than they are. We have a team of hard working players now which is why, despite our injuries, we are top of the league (for now).

Pretty much sums up why I have defended mcglynn since he came back. He isn't signing players for the sake of signing players. He makes sure they have good enough attitudes and he has the best interests of his players and club at heart in doing so.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I done my shoulder ligaments and was told I'd be fine in 2/3 months. I did everything I was told to by the physios and ended up being out for close to a year. I think with Vaughan his "makeup" is just different in respect to those injuries unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I've heard, and get the argument that certain people just don't come back from acl's, I looked into the stats when I done mine, and while promising there's no guarantees. The better your circumstances the better your chances obviously, and realistically Lewis as a professional football player, a good one at that had the best chance of recovery. 

But there's no way something with two ruptured acl's should've been playing on that Forfar pitch so quickly, I genuinely wish the best for him for his career but his MRI on the repeated knee can't look nice. 

No agenda, just a sadness for anyone who's had to go through a ruptured Acl, it's atrocious. 

18 minutes ago, grumswall said:
23 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Pretty much sums up why I have defended mcglynn since he came back. He isn't signing players for the sake of signing players. He makes sure they have good enough attitudes and he has the best interests of his players and club at heart in doing so.

Just listened to the Raith TV interview.  McGlynn is a class act. Can’t wait for the Airdrie game 

I've heard, and get the argument that certain people just don't come back from acl's, I looked into the stats when I done mine, and while promising there's no guarantees. The better your circumstances the better your chances obviously, and realistically Lewis as a professional football player, a good one at that had the best chance of recovery. 
But there's no way something with two ruptured acl's should've been playing on that Forfar pitch so quickly, I genuinely wish the best for him for his career but his MRI on the repeated knee can't look nice. 

No agenda, just a sadness for anyone who's had to go through a ruptured Acl, it's atrocious. 
Fair enough, apologies. Its always tough to see someone with his undoubted talent, stall. Iv no doubt he is going to work his socks off again to get back playing. That's another part of his "makeup" we've had this conversation earlier in the season on this thread if you can be arsed searching for it.

8 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Or Starks, Links Park, Station Park, Broadwood, Bayview or The Excelcior.

Do you honestly think he's only coming for a kick about at Stranraer, Dumbarton and Peterhead?

Given we've got three total goals total in three League games this yearon grass, we still could use that kind of help anyway.

we’ve 100% landed the more useful centre forward IMO

Miller isn’t one for the team and his inability to blend anywhere was a worry.

Sounds like maybe one more and we are good to go - Macca was outstanding leading the line for St Johnstone - his involvement a lot this season suggests he’s not done yet.

Kick on Shergar.

Good interview with McGlynn. Two small points to make:

He references that we might not use both of the loan spaces that are now available. I understand he might not want to sign players for the sake of it, and maybe it’s a financial decision, but if he isn’t sure whether he’ll use both maybe it might’ve made sense to hang on to Steven Anderson for now? He should be fit come April which could’ve potentially made a big difference in the title run-in/potential play-offs.

He essentially confirms Lewis Allan will never play for us again. Everyone outside of Allan/Vaughan is available for Saturday so this is as full a squad as we’re going to get, unless anyone else comes in.

37 minutes ago, Paco said:

Good interview with McGlynn. Two small points to make:

He references that we might not use both of the loan spaces that are now available. I understand he might not want to sign players for the sake of it, and maybe it’s a financial decision, but if he isn’t sure whether he’ll use both maybe it might’ve made sense to hang on to Steven Anderson for now? He should be fit come April which could’ve potentially made a big difference in the title run-in/potential play-offs.

He essentially confirms Lewis Allan will never play for us again. Everyone outside of Allan/Vaughan is available for Saturday so this is as full a squad as we’re going to get, unless anyone else comes in.

If the funds are there then I think another defender and forward would be on my wishlist for the two loans.

I find it strange that Kieron Bowie hasn’t featured in a Scotland youth squad yet. The most recent under 17’s team was full of players from premier league teams who have never played any first team football, yet we have a player playing regularly and scoring goals against full grown men but hasn’t had a look in. For me, it’s lazy scouting on behalf of the SFA!