The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The club needs cash flow all the time, that's how wages get paid.

Yes I get that, but if we get the cash now then they will likely just use that money for wages and running costs rather than leave the money and inject it into the paying budget for next season. The temptation to use the money now will be high

Just now, Offshore Rover said:

Yes I get that, but if we get the cash now then they will likely just use that money for wages and running costs rather than leave the money and inject it into the paying budget for next season. The temptation to use the money now will be high

All of the money that comes into the club (PDF aside) isn't ring fenced, if there are bills to pay and the money is there it will go to whatever is required, cash flow.

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The club needs cash flow all the time, that's how wages get paid.

So you don't think the club will keep any money back from the sale for next years playing budget? I would like to think they will keep some back, not all but some. I appreciate we are in debt and they would be quite right to pay off some debt with the money, but surly they would keep something back 

1 minute ago, Offshore Rover said:

So you don't think the club will keep any money back from the sale for next years playing budget? I would like to think they will keep some back, not all but some. I appreciate we are in debt and they would be quite right to pay off some debt with the money, but surly they would keep something back 

If you were at the recent AGM, you would have see the excellent presentation by Ali More which showed how much of a pit we fall into when there is no cash flow, any windfall will help keep us out of the red and hopefully pay off debt in the long run, I can't see how money can be kept back if we need it to keep afloat.

48 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

If you were at the recent AGM, you would have see the excellent presentation by Ali More which showed how much of a pit we fall into when there is no cash flow, any windfall will help keep us out of the red and hopefully pay off debt in the long run, I can't see how money can be kept back if we need it to keep afloat.

Unfortunately I work offshore as you can probably tell by my username so I was unable to attend the AGM. I am aware how much debt we are in but if we stay in league one for another season I'm sure that debt would increase

Dunfermline rejected a bid of between £350k and £400k if this is to be believed.

You’d have thought that even an offer like that being made 6months after he left us would strengthen our case for compensation through the tribunal.

Seems like the Townies are determined to pay 0p in the £ again... The tight-arsed swindlers.

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Dunfermline rejected a bid of between £350k and £400k if this is to be believed.

You’d have thought that even an offer like that being made 6months after he left us would strengthen our case for compensation through the tribunal.

Nope, has absolutely no relevance to the hee haw we'll pay Raith. 

Sadly for you, it won't have any relevance.

Seems like the Townies are determined to pay 0p in the £ again... The tight-arsed swindlers.
There is a reason for that, though. It's a unique situation. Normally when a player who leave on a free at the end of their contracts there will be a development fee due if, and only if, the club offered the player a deal at the same level or more than they were currently getting. It means that players who are out of favour and who leave at the end of their contract can do so freely without the club still holding some cards. If the club wants a development fee then they have to offer a contract and they run the risk of the player accepting it and using up some of their wage bill. This situation is different due to the nature of the release clause when he signed the new deal. You will be saying that he was still technically a Raith player so you'd be due either a transfer fee or a development fee, we will be saying that he became a free agent when you weren't promoted and that you should have then offered Nisbet a new contract for that development fee argument to hold water. It will probably come down to the wording of the contract and how the SFA or SPFL (I'd imagine the former, although a few people on here have talked about an SPFL tribunial) interpret things. I'm not sure if we offered a token amount to settle it without the need for a tribunal or not but sometimes that is taken into account too. To be fair, if you had the option of paying for a player or not paying for a player, what would you want Rovers to do?
Nope, has absolutely no relevance to the hee haw we'll pay Raith. 
Would be hilarious. Especially if he moves for real money in the summer.

I fear you guys are correct.
Doesn’t mean I think it’s right though.
We’re looking for a development fee for his time with us.
You can’t tell me that he came to us as a reserve striker, then scored 30 odd goals in his first season with us, but the development to turn him into a £500k player was done by Dunfermline in the 6months after that?
Common sense would tell you his time with us was the major factor in turning him from a nobody into an exciting prospect.

I’m well aware these things don’t usually work on common sense though [emoji849]

And for the record, there’s a bad taste in the mouth regarding Dunfermline and how they dealt with their debts in the past but regarding Nisbet I don’t think that they’ve done anything I wouldn’t want Rovers to do in the same situation.

We weren't looking for a development fee, we were looking for a transfer fee. And we're not going to get one from a tribunal. And neither we should, in all honesty.

We had him on the best contract we could get. "Stay with us if we get promoted, or leave if we don't" which was a lot better than his existing "leave regardless".

It's tough to take, but it's not particularly anyone's fault. It's the price the club pays for being in League One.

The clubs that should really be kicking themselves are the others in the Championship who weren't willing to stump up a bag of bibs to pip Dunfermline to the negotiating table.

The "transfer fee" we were looking for was basically a payment for the avoidance of a tribunal. He was under contract, but he had a clause to leave. The tribunal is essentially a case of looking at that clause, and dismissing the case. We'll get some sort of development fee, for the year he was with us, but it'll be buttons. Won't break four figures.

3 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

If I remember the numbers bandied around after the AGM, Bowie’s fee plus the savings from moving hybrid would roughly put Raith breakeven for 2019-2020, so I’m not sure there’s anything to “save” for signings. However, if we don’t increase debt this year and keep up with any interest (part of breaking even), we are in better shape after a season for the first time in a while.

Its been 3 months since the tribunal so we,ll get diddly squat for Nisbet and as for Hibs offering Dunfermline 500 k for him and they in turn turning it down is laughable.Where do the media come up with these figures

Sure Dunfermline are close to announcing significant losses so if the media had been close with the alleged/original  250k offer they,d have snapped that up

Sure it wasnt long ago the media reported that some Chinese mob were willing to pay 10 mill + for Morelos.That went well

Edited by Rovers_Lad

We,ll get diddly squat for Nisbet and as for Hibs offering Dunfermline 500 k for him and they in turn turning it down is laughable.Where do the media come up with these figures
Sure Dunfermline are close to announcing significant losses so if the media had been close with the alleged/original  250k offer they,d have snapped that up
Sure it wasnt long ago the media reported that some Chinese mob were willing to pay 10 mill + for Morelos.That went well
Don't worry about us, we'll just lose a few invoices for a month or two.