The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:
22 minutes ago, TxRover said:
I might be pleased to see him in a role as a player-coach next year. Don’t know if he  leans toward coaching, but his obvious tactical knowledge and passion suggest a useful defensive coach, and surely a McGurn like role helping our back line while working and earning his badges...just saying. Might never actually play, but with his guile, I think he’d do.

Davo helps out with the youth teams, last I heard so more likely he will be kept on in that role.

Davo’s too busy caddying at St Andrews 

Bowie is mixed feelings really, on the one hand delighted for the boy getting a big move and a shot at being developed and he gets to stay at starks for the foreseeable and hopefully get a medal in may.

It would have been nice to have held on to him for a while and see him grow as a player and reap the benefit potentially getting a bit more money in the process. 

You'll love Steven MacLean. 

There have been better strikers at Saints but he is still a top footballer. Players with more character, I can't think of many and so many moments of sheer elation over the last few years are intertwined with him. Whether it's taps off, him in the stands, deliberately trying to get booked to serve a suspension, destroying corner flags, goading everyone from the Green Brigade to family sections, hating his dad, breaking out of hotels to party with the fans, life is never dull with him around. 

A proper St Johnstone legend. 

The photo of MacLean goading a random Swiss family when we played Luzern maybe sums him up the best...

10091282_450_450_73045_0_fit_0_937dca7a3

😂

Personally my favourite is from our friendly against Sunderland a few years ago. They'd just been relegated from the EPL, and still have a whack of their players from that campaign. Clearly arrived at McDiarmid expecting an easy run out against a team who'd be in awe of them, we got an indirect free kick and they all seemed to assume we'd just give them the ball back, step up MacLean to just fire a thunderb*****d at their collective pusses...

IMG_2149JPG.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 hours ago, grumswall said:
4 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/in-full/hearts-striker-steven-maclean-dispels-idea-he-can-t-play-on-plastic-1-4771307 I would be shitting it signing him to play on 7 outta 10 teams plastic pitches when his surgeon advises not to emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Vaughans original surgeon wanted to do two ops to fix something a different one managed to do in one. 

How's that worked out for his knee? 

It's absolutely horrendous the amount of breakdowns Vaughan has had with his knee, it's not bad luck. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It's absolutely horrendous the amount of breakdowns Vaughan has had with his knee, it's not bad luck. 

Think he's referencing the latest op, so we don't really know how that's worked out.

He's done his acl 3 times. Will we just pretend none of them were done on grass pitches to suit your agenda?

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Think he's referencing the latest op, so we don't really know how that's worked out.

Fair, by the wording and use of the word original I presumed it meant his first surgeon. 

Just now, grumswall said:
6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He's done his acl 3 times. Will we just pretend none of them were done on grass pitches to suit your agenda?

I'm not getting into the grass v astro debate, I've ruptured my Acl (and every other ligament in the knee) and the know the recovery and physio process pretty well, I'm genuinely baffled by what agenda you presume I have, but there's no danger anyone can think Vaughan has had the proper rehab and rehabilitation to break down a further 2 times with the same injury? I remember finding it baffling at the time how quick he came back after the last injury, right enough he was out again within weeks. Someone needed to protect Lewis from himself.