The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've not seen Lewis Mansell play, but he might be more of a hold up player than a finisher, personally I think thats something we've been missing.
John Baird is pretty much being tasked to hold up play and be a finisher, not easy at any stage of your career let alone his, this signing if true might benefit Bairdy the most.

As others have said getting 6 figures for someone who is only in their 1st full year as pro is great business and assume there will be some sort of sell on clause as well.  The delayed transfer is great addition if it means McGlynn can bolster the team with another loan.  Finally might have a BOD who have an idea what they are doing!

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Why has it taken this long to look at cancelling SAndo’s loan deal?

I doubt St Johnstone are keen. He got injured on your watch so I would think they would rather you continued to pay some of his wages till may than them having to pay all of them for a player crocked whilst playing for someone else.

What an absolute joy it must be to manage the Rovers!! 

You have McGlynn and Smith working with, and improving, a precocious talent such as  Bowie, 6 figure sum coming in and, on the other hand, getting "hoots" from our resident experts on here about his loan dealings! 

I seem to remember similar advice/derision from the same crew when we brought in Nisbet et al.

Don't know much about Steven McLean but I'm sure he will be no worse that the likes of Rudi Skacel, Jon Daly  and others.

Credit where credit is due............however it seems as though McGlynn is damned (by some) if he does and damned if he doesn't!!  

Consider, for a minute with what McGlynn and Smith have actually done since taking over the legacy left by  GF Locke, Yogi Bear and Baz                        Sheeesh!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

This move would just confirm to me how this players not playing on astro is complete drivel. When push comes to shove they always seem to manage it.  Was the same with Templeton at sevco. Next thing you know hes signing for hamilton and that lead to him getting a successful move down south. 

FFP Summary:
Bowie likely to be sold before the deadline for a six figure fee. Likely to be a delayed transfer so he doesn't move til the summer.
Club looking to cancel Steven Anderson's loan to free up an additional loan space.
Gullan return looking less likely.
McGlynn had been keeping his two loan options for Gullan and the potential loan back of Bowie but it looks like we might now have 3 loan options available if Anderson's deal is cancelled.
McGlynn wanting at least one player in before  Saturday.
With Bowie and another are we not at our maximum for the season?

Just now, foreverarover said:
4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
FFP Summary:
Bowie likely to be sold before the deadline for a six figure fee. Likely to be a delayed transfer so he doesn't move til the summer.
Club looking to cancel Steven Anderson's loan to free up an additional loan space.
Gullan return looking less likely.
McGlynn had been keeping his two loan options for Gullan and the potential loan back of Bowie but it looks like we might now have 3 loan options available if Anderson's deal is cancelled.
McGlynn wanting at least one player in before  Saturday.

With Bowie and another are we not at our maximum for the season?

Bowie won't be a loan according to FFP the transfer is getting delayed until the summer window.