The New Raith Rovers Thread

Add me to the list of massively appreciative people who were daft enough to leave the kingdom and rely on the exemplary work of Raith TV to stay connected to the club. Outstanding work as always. 
Same here on the geography. I see more games with Raith TV comms in my ears these days than not, so whilst nothing beats being there, the coverage is absolutely fantastic. Tremendous stuff [emoji122]

1 hour ago, MC_Lachlan said:

Add me to the list of massively appreciative people who were daft enough to leave the kingdom and rely on the exemplary work of Raith TV to stay connected to the club. Outstanding work as always. 

Firstly great news about Frankie, I'm told we have yet to see the best of him given most of our views are based on stream/TV. 

We are really lucky with the variety of media we have; Courier making an effort with good return, k107 taking the relaxed fanzine based approach and Raith TV overdelivering for years. 

Wee story re Raith TV, my gaffer was speaking to one of the guys at the Michael Woods. His kid told the guy he was up for disability sports every week. Added his favourite player was Vaughny and he was getting a Rovers strip for his birthday (Sorry didn't get a name) next week the receptionist shouts him over and there's a birthday card waiting for the lad signed by Bene and Lewis. Have to say is they do this as volunteers do they work, sleep? 

I've only managed to watch Raith TV live once 😢 due to location in the East Midlands, if only there was a way to circumvent my address lol, but I do love the managers interviews and of course the highlights

For being unpaid volunteers the lads do a sterling job of keeping exciled Rovers fans in touch with the club 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Add me to the list of Raith TV fanboys. Been watching that pitch side footage of the penalty on repeat. Superb stuff. The longer video of Saturday shows so much what the club is about.  Would bring a tear to your eye. 

It was the wee off pitch moments that stood out; the kid tapping along to the music, folk walking up the ramp to buy the 50/50, great eye for detail in the piece.

Very much like the Social Media photography. I enjoy that far more than the player action shots (not belittling how important that is) I just like the notion of fans attachment to the club being visible. The number of young fans also gives hope that locally the message is getting through. Good football does that but also the community foundation are smashing that requirement.

54 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I've only managed to watch Raith TV live once 😢 due to location in the East Midlands, if only there was a way to circumvent my address lol, but I do love the managers interviews and of course the highlights

For being unpaid volunteers the lads do a sterling job of keeping exciled Rovers fans in touch with the club 

At the risk of being whooshed here, there is.

Edited by renton

19 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Very much like the Social Media photography. I enjoy that far more than the player action shots (not belittling how important that is) I just like the notion of fans attachment to the club being visible. The number of young fans also gives hope that locally the message is getting through. Good football does that but also the community foundation are smashing that requirement.

Aye, while we're waxing lyrical about some of the people who surround the team, Lesley Fleming's matchday photography is fantastic. 

I believe she's been away recently because she was having a baby (congratulations, if you read this, Lesley!) and I can't wait until she's back. I can't say I've ever gone out of my way to look out a photo gallery of "match action" after a game, but I always look out for Lesley's work after a game. 

The difference that kind of stuff makes to the engagement through social media is huge, too. Everything just looks so much more professional. 

1 hour ago, The Tiel Burn said:
3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

It was the wee off pitch moments that stood out; the kid tapping along to the music, folk walking up the ramp to buy the 50/50, great eye for detail in the piece.

Yes I am the same.  A view from the terrace done a fantastic video at Arbroath similar style to this. No football action, just reactions from the crowd 

10 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If you'll forgive me the Texas-style analysis, our central midfield options fall into three categories, and in McGlynn's preferred formation, you really need to be picking one of each to form your midfield triangle. 

"Number 6s"/Destructive: Ross Matthews, Frankie Musonda, Blaise Riley-Snow

"Number 8s"/Creative: Brad Spencer, Dylan Tait, Aaron Arnott (?) 

"Number 10s"/Attacking: Lewis Vaughan, Ethan Ross, Aidan Connolly

Now that's overly simplistic. You can be a creative number 6 or an attacking number 8, but those are the broadstroke typesets we're working with. McGlynn has also proven during Matthews absence that you don't have to have one of each (although throughout that period I'd argue we looked light in the middle). 

I've listed them in order of preference there, and it highlights a couple of issues; we have an over-reliance on Matthews, although Musonda could fill that gap, and that without Spencer for months and Tait going, we're incredibly fragile when it comes to midfielders who can link the defence and the attack. That's not news to anyone, and it's quite clearly the biggest priority for January. 

On the other hand, Ethan Ross is about as good a replacement for Lewis Vaughan as you could possibly expect, so once again, a tip of the hat to McGlynn and the board got getting that deal done. 

Very nice summary. On Frankie, we still have neither he nor Tumilty signed beyond the end of the season...just saying.

9 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Aye, while we're waxing lyrical about some of the people who surround the team, Lesley Fleming's matchday photography is fantastic. 

I believe she's been away recently because she was having a baby (congratulations, if you read this, Lesley!) and I can't wait until she's back. I can't say I've ever gone out of my way to look out a photo gallery of "match action" after a game, but I always look out for Lesley's work after a game. 

The difference that kind of stuff makes to the engagement through social media is huge, too. Everything just looks so much more professional. 

Her photos are great. I’ve always loved Stuart Clark’s Homes of Football crowd stuff and it’s on a par with that. Really captures the crowd brilliantly. Tremendous