The New Raith Rovers Thread

Someone mentioned declan Gallagher, at least he's sorted himself out, got a few Scotland caps. He's also shown genuine remorse. Goodwillie has shown fuckall. This simply cannot be allowed to happen.

What has getting called up for the national team got to do with anything?
Signing Goodwillie should be a firm no based on one thing and one thing only. You don’t know how much or little remorse he’s shown, him not getting called up for the national team after the incident means zero. Goodwillie probably has ‘sorted himself out’. He’s a full time electrician and coaches young players.
However, he shouldn’t be signed. That’s it. You don’t need to compare to anything else.

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

Someone mentioned declan Gallagher, at least he's sorted himself out, got a few Scotland caps. He's also shown genuine remorse. Goodwillie has shown fuckall. This simply cannot be allowed to happen.

He battered someone over the head with a baseball bat; couldn't care less how sorry he is.

9 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Moreover, footballers are not noted for their ethics or morality; the game is rotten with cheating, diving and conning referees and few players are above it. To say that we can't have players with Goodwillie's reputation associated with our club is blind hypocrisy.

Those things aren’t remotely comparable to rape, and having players who do those things on a football field aren’t remotely comparable to signing & paying a wage to a rapist, - and if you seriously think otherwise you’re an utter cretin.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Quite frustrating that this seems to come up fairly often without any real threat of actually happening. Drives the fan base apart and turns folk on one another. 

I think the blame there lies on the football side. Val McDermid on twitter saying she argued vehemently against it when she was on the board which demonstrates it was at least semi seriously considered previously.

Edited by renton

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'd so much rather finish 5th (or below) without Goodwillie than win the league with him. 

Yea I’m the same, the heat we will receive if we sign this player will be severe, like you said I’d rather finish 7th if it means our credibility is intact. The fact the club are thinking about it is staggering. Im all for inclusion, but this is way way beyond the pale of acceptance 

1 hour ago, RRPT said:

Think Raith need to quickly come out and deny all speculation regarding Goodwillie (assuming it is just speculation); Raith likes to think of itself as a family-orientated, community club and signing the likes of Goodwillie, Gallacher et al contradicts that. 

You really think that the club should be responding officially to every rumour that appears on social media FFs get a grip

No fact checking done, the usual baseless posts done by the shallow.Oh wait - facts? You wouldn't recognise truth if it hit you between the eyes like a bolt of lightening.
It's easy to identify your types - rattle your false values and the loud squaking immediately starts while the dots rain down. [emoji1]
No spellchecking done. Pipe doon.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Yea I’m the same, the heat we will receive if we sign this player will be severe, like you said I’d rather finish 7th if it means our credibility is intact. The fact the club are thinking about it is staggering. Im all for inclusion, but this is way way beyond the pale of acceptance 

Goodwillie has been kicking around amateur and tier 3/4 football for years. He is not going to set the top half of the championship on fire.

Seems like a lose:/lose signing