The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

It’s Gary Glen again isn’t it? 

I'd completely forgotten until @Raith Against The Machinementioned earlier the guy who was adamant we were signing him threw a strop claiming he had walked back on the precontract because of the negative online reaction. 

I didn't mean to start a fire with the Goodbye Mr McKenzie comment and follow up. I was merely bringing some info I got from a reliable source to those most interested in it - the punters here.

As I conceded earlier, it may all be pish, or partly pish, or completely true.  None of us know. The waiting game is a tough one.

As I said, fragile times.

13 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I didn't mean to start a fire with the Goodbye Mr McKenzie comment and follow up. I was merely bringing some info I got from a reliable source to those most interested in it - the punters here.

As I conceded earlier, it may all be pish, or partly pish, or completely true.  None of us know. The waiting game is a tough one.

As I said, fragile times.

If nothing is announced by the middle of may then think we should be concerned, until then it’s the rovers so anything is possible 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

44 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It's easily Scott Brown. Big call by the manager to sign a centre mid from League 1, and he received a bit of stick for it to be honest - but Brown has strolled through the season. 

Yeah, for all the criticism of the signing at the time as unnecessary, Matthews injury has made it essential. Without having Brown to add that steel and defensive balance to the midfield, which nobody else provides, I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say we’d be deep in the relegation fight right now.

21 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Answer to our prayers…

image.thumb.png.ddd4e40e0223ecf1ab67330bbb2f929c.png

This is the snag that has arisen in the McKenzie deal.

McKenzie & Co want to bring Agyeman with them, but Murray and McDonald have put a deal together for Gary Goals and refuse to back down.

All very messy.

57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It's easily Scott Brown. Big call by the manager to sign a centre mid from League 1, and he received a bit of stick for it to be honest - but Brown has strolled through the season. 

I know it applies to most clubs, but we really do have some horrendously reactionary folk in our support. Even up until after the Caley game you had folk claiming we'd need to keep an eye on the teams below us even though it was pretty certain we'd end up in 7th.

You had people who had us in a relegation battle because our summer business consisted of two league 1 players, an 18 year old, a loanee from Aberdeen and Ross Millen. It'll be the same this summer.  If we bring in Barjonas and Agyeman you'll have folk looking at goal records and dismissing the idea players might improve over time. 

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Totally agree I definitely had my doubts about signing brown , I couldn’t remember him playing against us compared to I remember easton at Forfar, if that makes me reactionary then guilty as charged but both brown and Murray have proved me wrong and I voted for brown as POTY. 

27 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Also be nice for Scott Brown to win supporters player of the year given the amount of times he should have won fans man of the match and hasn’t.

Just about every home game! Constantly given to a player who scored, on the basis of likely less than 50 votes on an app.