The New Raith Rovers Thread

23 minutes ago, renton said:

Apparently I did. Went and watched Kelty play Edinburgh a few weeks back when my morale crashed and I couldn't face a trip to Inverclyde to see our walking wounded get their jotters in a dead rubber.

Only realised he was playing when I looked at the team sheet afterwards.

@Heid_The_Baw are you a ventriloquist?

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I can't recall ever seeing the lion presented in gold before. It's certainly different, in as much as it actually looks like a lion, unlike the new badge (dragon) or the old one (west highland terrier). 

I might have some disturbing news in that what you grew up with likely wasn't a Westie. 

On the other hand, I can't wait for our Red, Gold and Blue tops next year.

48 minutes ago, renton said:

White with twa blue hoops please.

Thank you

Edited by keyser_soze

53 minutes ago, renton said:

I might have some disturbing news in that what you grew up with likely wasn't a Westie. 

5 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

White with twa blue hoops please.

Thank you

For an away top, white with red, gold and blue bands similar to the Dumbarton home strip would look cool.

Yellow away kit next season according to the rumours.

As for incoming Kelty players, I'd take Jameson or Martin before I'd take Barjonas (and I'm not. desperate to sign either !) That is not a position we desperately need someone in and certainly not someone who coming just because he's looked good in the league below last season, can't we sign someone who looked good in our league?

18 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Yellow away kit next season according to the rumours.

Not a fan of yellow kits they're always a bit meh. Either go mental with lime green, neon pink or a crisp clean all white effort. 

A contradiction right there granted. 

That old badge they've found behind a wall/floor is definetly interesting hopefully it can be saved. Makes you wonder what other pieces of history the old girl is hiding? 

5 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

For an away top, white with red, gold and blue bands similar to the Dumbarton home strip would look cool.

White top with a narrow Blue band, with two narrow Gold bands above and below and then two narrow Red bands on the outside…if we could get away with it, that crest on the upper left chest…and then a thin black band at the neck and arms with RRFC in black just above those bands on the arms…that would be a winner

Edited by TxRover

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

White top with a narrow Blue band, with two narrow Gold bands above and below and then two narrow Red bands on the outside…if we could get away with it, that crest on the upper left chest…and then a thin black band at the neck and arms with RRFC in black just above those bands on the arms…that would be a winner

In all honesty, I would really like as a nod to the twa hoop shirt, an away top like the old Honved strips with 'a reverse red hoop' to reflect an away shirt.

HONVED DE BUDAPEST contra Atlético de Bilbao 22/11/1956 | Equipo de ...

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

In all honesty, I would really like as a nod to the twa hoop shirt, an away top like the old Honved strips with 'a reverse red hoop' to reflect an away shirt.

HONVED DE BUDAPEST contra Atlético de Bilbao 22/11/1956 | Equipo de ...

Absolutely agree, there are plenty of good ideas outwith the plain shocking pink/yellow/purple/green/sky blue shlock.

The one thing I would say is that the Joma sizing is a bit radge. I get that football strips are supposed to be tighter but I’m a large in everything so bought the large away strip when it came out and it’s basically skin tight. Got the home half price recently and got an XL and even that is a bit nippit. I’m not asking for a return to the baggy 90s strips, but I wish they’d do a range of ‘supporter fit’ sizes with strips. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The one thing I would say is that the Joma sizing is a bit radge. I get that football strips are supposed to be tighter but I’m a large in everything so bought the large away strip when it came out and it’s basically skin tight. Got the home half price recently and got an XL and even that is a bit nippit. I’m not asking for a return to the baggy 90s strips, but I wish they’d do a range of ‘supporter fit’ sizes with strips. 

Next you’ll be asking for an, ahem, extension…