The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Feck me just had a nosey, libellous accusations of money laundering etc

I hope they never get out of the seaside, and that Duncan Freemason is a prize tit 

It’s pretty strange reading, i like the statement that we never seem to have any financial issues despite our small support (if only crowd wanks won games the Bairns could be in Europe).  I must have dreamed all those games last season where we couldn’t field a proper bench of more than 2 or 3 and didn’t even have kids pad it out. So far all we’ve done is get our business done earlier than most clubs, hardly surprising as unlike the other clubs we knew what league we’d play in this season ages ago and it was obvious where our massive issues were. 

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

It’s pretty strange reading, i like the statement that we never seem to have any financial issues despite our small support (if only crowd wanks won games the Bairns could be in Europe).  I must have dreamed all those games last season where we couldn’t field a proper bench of more than 2 or 3 and didn’t even have kids pad it out. So far all we’ve done is get our business done earlier than most clubs, hardly surprising as unlike the other clubs we knew what league we’d play in this season ages ago and it was obvious where our massive issues were. 

It’s almost like that George Foulks comments “but they’re running their club well deliberately!”

20 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

We haven't had visible financial issues (e.g. wages not being paid, threats of admin) because for his flaws, Sim put his hand in his pocket. The running of the club was very bad as we can all see, but the new guys are trying to.put that right. I guess you won't have fans of other clubs seeing the inadequate benches that were put out on a regular basis. 

Apropos of nothing, Falkirk's last set of accounts posted an £800k(!) loss.

5 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Loving seeing Falkirk fans beeling in League 1 about how they should be us :)

Season tickets bought this morning, been a long time since I looked forward to a season as much as this one. 

The tears and snotters at Failkirk is delicious, maybe not the snotters🤮😆. 5 seasons of unadulterated fail must be driving their mahoosive fanbase crazy. Hopefully they enjoy many more years of irrelevance because J McG won’t get them up. Even through the play offs. McGlynn the true master of bed shitting. 

Charles Dunne released from St Mirren perhaps worth a look? 

Kevin Holt looked pretty decent for Partick and can play centre half and left back too - not sure of his contract status though. 

2 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Kevin Holt looked pretty decent for Partick and can play centre half and left back too - not sure of his contract status though. 

Holt is ooc at partick but they’ve put out he’s in contract talks with them 

Given who we've brought in so far, I'm not really too bothered about the speculation and just interested to see who Murray, Potter and Barrowman bring in next. It wouldn't surprise me if there's at least one less recognisable name in there whether from down south or overseas. Very few people on here (including myself) likely know the networks used to find players. With three people involved, I'd expect a bit of a wider net 

Overall though, it really has been fantastic to see the optimism build. 

If we never Signed Hamilton I would’ve looked at Billy McKay he’s set to leave Inverness as he’s been offered lesser terms or if there’s is an opportunity there to get him in I think it depends if one of Gullan or Ross leaves due to probably high wages he certainly knows how to score goals at this level 

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I'd pay zero attention to what the Grangemouth rabble have to say. Had to put up with it all last season and the term 'deluded' doesn't even begin to cover it.

😂😂 deluded like saying they should’ve won the league because they had a game in hand and a better GD than us the season we were promoted and also like McGlynn saying they were the better side as they had more corners against you lot in one of the games last season 

18 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

😂😂 deluded like saying they should’ve won the league because they had a game in hand and a better GD than us the season we were promoted and also like McGlynn saying they were the better side as they had more corners against you lot in one of the games last season 

aye, same post match interview RE corners he said on numerous occasions we came for nil nil and somehow got a win when they didn't muster a shot on target until injury time 🫠

24 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If we never Signed Hamilton I would’ve looked at Billy McKay he’s set to leave Inverness as he’s been offered lesser terms or if there’s is an opportunity there to get him in I think it depends if one of Gullan or Ross leaves due to probably high wages he certainly knows how to score goals at this level 

The truth of the matter is why can’t we go for McKay. Can we know for sure that Vaughan, Gullan and Ross will be injury free next season, it’s a lottery, sending one or two out on loan to prove their fitness and show a willingness to get back in to the team. We have no time for sentiment. I promise I’m not trying to be controversial especially as  feelings run high regards to Lewis Vaughan. Believe me I’m a huge fan of the guy. It’s a time to be realistic. 

My main concern is our defence. 

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

The truth of the matter is why can’t we go for McKay. Can we know for sure that Vaughan, Gullan and Ross will be injury free next season, it’s a lottery, sending one or two out on loan to prove their fitness and show a willingness to get back in to the team. We have no time for sentiment. I promise I’m not trying to be controversial especially as  feelings run high regards to Lewis Vaughan. Believe me I’m a huge fan of the guy. It’s a time to be realistic. 

My main concern is our defence. 

I get what your saying 100%, my main concern also is the defence that’s the priority now.

Onto McKay the biggest stumbling block in my opinion  would be his wage demands and they would probably be out of our reach and being 34 he would have relocate from the highlands and he’s got a family etc 

1 hour ago, RaithRyan said:

He’s supposed to be away to play in Cyprus again.

Failing that, he’s another who stays in Dumfries so if he is hanging around Scotland then Kirkcaldy may be a bit of a trek for him. 

At least there's one thing us and Dunfermline fans can agree on and that is Falkirk are utter mutants with an absolute moon howling whinging fan base. They are also very shite at football which is highly amusing.