The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Was the nuts and bolts of any deal made public?

Not that I'm aware of.

The extra shares issued diluted John Sim's ownership down to 49%.

I don't think it was a case of John Sim selling some of his shares to the consortium, more a case of increased share capital which consequently gives the consortium 51%.

2 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

The fact the mascots price is the key issue shows how much they are getting right.

That’s a really fair point.
I feel like a right moan even bringing it up to be honest! I’m sure they’ve looked at the pros and cons of charging and the price they’ve set - it’s just something I personally would prefer was free. I didn’t realise there was already a charge for it in recent years.

13 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Also, I noticed the season tickets current total was listed as 1447. I guess that includes the free under 12s?? 

I took this as last seasons total. I’m pretty sure if we had sold 1447 by now there would be plenty posts on social media 

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Sponsoring the players shirts £275 what has it been in recent years and is that both home and away? 

Used to be £200 and went pretty quickly for most players.  So probably going on the theory that if something is popular then chances are you can increase the price without too much pushback.

55 minutes ago, Nairney said:

Has anyone had a chance to have a read of this yet? I just saw a link shared, by the club on Facebook - RRFC-Commercial-Brochure-2324.pdf?fbclid

Really great to see something like this put together. I’ve no idea how our prices compare with other clubs, but it all looks pretty clear and professional. However, I’m really surprised we’re going down the route of charging of charging for mascots. Some of the top Premier league clubs in England do this for free.

The club are totally right to try and maximise all possible commercial revenues but this feels very opposed to the spirit of offering under 12s free tickets, to boost the fan base. A voluntary donation to the community foundation would have been a better option in my opinion.

Strangely, it seems they’ve replaced the homes/away kit sponsors with a single player sponsor…I say strangely because that’s 38 x £200 = £7600 vs 19 x £275 = £5225…unless they plan on keeping both, but the kit sponsorship isn’t mentioned in the new brochure.

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Strangely, it seems they’ve replaced the homes/away kit sponsors with a single player sponsor…I say strangely because that’s 38 x £200 = £7600 vs 19 x £275 = £5225…unless they plan on keeping both, but the kit sponsorship isn’t mentioned in the new brochure.

I'd imagine that's £275 for either home or away and £550 for both, and is pertaining to the players kit

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

37 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Used to be £200 and went pretty quickly for most players.  So probably going on the theory that if something is popular then chances are you can increase the price without too much pushback.

Football also isn't immune from inflation. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Not that I'm aware of.

The extra shares issued diluted John Sim's ownership down to 49%.

I don't think it was a case of John Sim selling some of his shares to the consortium, more a case of increased share capital which consequently gives the consortium 51%.

Gotcha

11 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

The price per head for match sponsor is much higher than that of ball sponsor, yet looks the same package?

I can only presume the match sponsors get the use of the 27-11 lounge, whereas the ball sponsors are in the Raith Suite, but I might be wrong.

Seems strange that they've included mascot packages in the brochure, but no mention of one off hospitality.

The brochure itself is certainly much more professional and informative than anything we've produced before.

It’ll be really interesting to see how the commercial/sponsorship side of things grow over the next season or two. We are pretty top heavy when it comes to behind the scenes staff just now. If this is going to work then they will need to bring in a hell of a lot of money compared to what was coming in under Sim’s stewardship if we are going to pay these staffing costs as well as avoiding the 120k per season losses we used to incur.

15 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

It’ll be really interesting to see how the commercial/sponsorship side of things grow over the next season or two. We are pretty top heavy when it comes to behind the scenes staff just now. If this is going to work then they will need to bring in a hell of a lot of money compared to what was coming in under Sim’s stewardship if we are going to pay these staffing costs as well as avoiding the 120k per season losses we used to incur.

150k losses.

Do you not read the Fife Free Press?

Found the Kelty Hearts commercial brochure from last year, laid out not too dissimilar to what we've done this season (not really a surprise).  Given they're in a lower league with a smaller fanbase, when you read it and see how many sponsorship opportunities they have and how clearly laid out they all are, it makes you wonder what we've been upto the last few years.

https://keltyhearts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Copy-of-KHFC-Commercial-Brochure-2223-1.pdf

Definitely makes a change having people in charge who know what they're doing and understand the value of what they're offering.  Rather than just keeping the prices of everything the same year after year.

Edited by SanStarko

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Player sponsorship is £275 home and £275 away (£275 includes vat)

last time I did it, it was £200 + vat 

when I asked last week there were very few players left.

Aye - this is correct - current shirt sponsors all got an email a couple of weeks ago to confirm by 30 May whether we wanted to continue for next season.