The New Raith Rovers Thread

There was an interview doing the rounds on twitter a month or so ago with someone like the head of youth development at Crewe talking about how O'Riordan ended up with us. Basically Murray attended a networking event where both parties ended up agreeing it would be mutually beneficial. I doubt we'll know, but I'd expect Potter will be the one off to there.

Most clubs up here tend to end up with a loanee from down south so it wouldn't surprise me if we do end up signing a youth out an academy for six months again.

There's definitely a feeling that the expectations have risen. I'm actually keen to see what Corr looks like after a bit of game time. All our other signings have been of the standard you'd hope so it'll be interesting to see if he's a diamond in the rough.

Just hope we’re not in another situation where signing defenders is a major problem. The priority was Forwards and Defenders. We’ve done/or doing 1. But we seem to struggle in defence. Heard a few names being bandied about, but haven’t heard anything else. 

I mind the days of my auld man sending me round to the local shop to pick up the FFP with strict instructions not to read anything about the Rovers until he had purely because the information was up to date and/or with some new information/news. How times have changed.

Made a mess of editing my first go at this. I enjoy listening to IM  anyway so this was always going to be an easy sell.

I'm further reassured and simply want to watch this team. I don't see other clubs being so open so again fair play Rovers.  Maybe that's the stuff other teams have behind paywalls. Glad we don't do that.

Needed to hear a CH or 2 on the way.

1 hour ago, Kooz92 said:

Interview with the gaffer on RaithTV - 

Really good interview with Murray - defo worth a listen. Seems to really enjoy the new structure, talked well about the signings, and spoke about where the squad needs strengthened - particularly at the back. Hopeful of a couple of signings in the next week. 

Connolly out for a spell - prob 4-6 weeks before he's back. 

Thought maybe they could have asked about the Dundee thing, but no mention - ach well - he's still here, seems to be raring to go! 

Edited by GhostZapper

16 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Really good interview with Murray - defo worth a listen. Seems to really enjoy the new structure, talked well about the signings, and spoke about where the squad needs strengthened - particularly at the back. Hopeful of a couple of signings in the next week. 

Connolly out for a spell - prob 4-6 weeks before he's back. 

Thought maybe they could have asked about the Dundee thing, but no mention - ach well - he's still here, seems to be raring to go! 

Davie does mention the Dundee thing, in a sort of off-hand way. Something about nearly losing him to a caravan in Broughty Ferry which brings a wee wry smile to Murray’s lips. 

25 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

John Hollins, a coach briefly in the Anelka era passes away aged 76.

Ah that is a shame. I’m sure I remember one interview with him from that time, maybe on Football First, although I could be completely misremembering that, and he came across very well. Not something you could say about many things from the club during that period. 

I read afterwards that he would take training during the week, set up the side a certain way based on what the plan was for the weekend game, then Anelka would just disregard everything and do his own thing on the Saturday, essentially making the previous few days a complete waste of time. 

Not overly surprising he decided it wasn’t for him.