The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Fixing the typeface on the South Stand signage should be a much bigger priority. 

That's a bigger priority than 2 centre backs, to be fair. 

29 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Fixing the typeface on the South Stand signage should be a much bigger priority. 

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

That's a bigger priority than 2 centre backs, to be fair. 

TBF, I don’t think IM and JP are going to be on ladders, painting the stands…

29 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Can't blame Val for pulling/not renewing her sponsorship of the stand (which was named after her dad I'm sure?). The amount of abuse she gets from some punters for not wanting a rapist at the club she not only supports but also financially supported is vile. 

Yes, we know.

53 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Can't blame Val for pulling/not renewing her sponsorship of the stand (which was named after her dad I'm sure?). The amount of abuse she gets from some punters for not wanting a rapist at the club she not only supports but also financially supported is vile. 

The pursuit of SPL football for this club is absolutely shameless, never be surprised at how low they will stoop 🤢

Why is it such a struggle for supporters in Scotland to get their head around the fact that the SPL ceased to exist in 2013.  It’s been ten years and you still see people referring to it as the SPL. If we’re going to aim to join defunct divisions I think we should aim for Scottish Division one sometime around the early 20s. We were pretty decent back then. 

1 hour ago, MICMAC said:

One week to go until the league fixtures are announced. Who do you fancy for the first game?

Airdrie wouldn’t be a bad shout, nice storyline with the gaffer, we should be the better team…at home though, please.

33 minutes ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

The gaffer who bottled promotion every single season with us wouldn’t say it’s really a storyline 

If it wasn't for Ian Murray we probably wouldn't be in the position we are today, so to say he bottled promotion with us is incredibly harsh. 

Would hope he will get a good reception from Airdrie fans when we play Raith.

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

If it wasn't for Ian Murray we probably wouldn't be in the position we are today, so to say he bottled promotion with us is incredibly harsh. 

Tbf @Diamonds_Are_Forever is the same person that claimed we had doubled Callum Smith’s wages to sign him.

I’ve only noticed two posts from them but it is 2 for 2 on made up nonsense. A strong start to Championship life.

Edited by R.R.FC

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

I can't comment on his overall tenure with Airdrie because I wasn't paying that much attention, but he absolutely bottled promotion the year we beat you in the playoffs.

You finished 17 points ahead in the league, and going into that two legged final hadn't lost to us in 6 attempts across the season. All you had to do was hold a lead at home.

20 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I can't comment on his overall tenure with Airdrie because I wasn't paying that much attention, but he absolutely bottled promotion the year we beat you in the playoffs.

You finished 17 points ahead in the league, and going into that two legged final hadn't lost to us in 6 attempts across the season. All you had to do was hold a lead at home.

Maybe the players bottled it 🤷🏻‍♂️

53 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

On paper we should've went up yes but the boy said bottled promotion every season he was with us, first season we were 3rd 5 points behind Raith and the season got called.

2nd season we went on a great run last 6 games, finished 2nd 2 points behind Partick, got beat in a playoff final off a Morton team who had a 2 week break before the playoffs, when we played about 12 games in 6 weeks.

32 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Maybe the players bottled it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Element to that as well, team loses a big game and all of a sudden it's the managers fault. Wasn't the manager that tripped up Simon Murray in the box with 5 mins to go.