The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Anyway... any rumours going around on who we could be looking at for CB? Or are we stuck with Andy Considine as our only rumoured name? 

Lets hope this new talent dude spots someone sharpish then

Curious where the funding for all this additional support staff is coming from, must be impacting the playing budget surely, cannot see the new 'owners' bankrolling all this work and extra staff without a tangible return, if not this season certainly next term

11 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

Lets hope this new talent dude spots someone sharpish then

Curious where the funding for all this additional support staff is coming from, must be impacting the playing budget surely, cannot see the new 'owners' bankrolling all this work and extra staff without a tangible return, if not this season certainly next term

I think that’s somewhat the elephant in the room just now. If we made a huge loss every year with next to nothing of a behind the scenes team and  a decaying stadium. I’m not sure where all the additional cash is coming from.

Well, we've just had an investment in the club. My understanding was that the consortium's investment was primarily going into the infrastructure of the club. That would include new roles, jobs etc. They said there wouldn't be a pot of money thrown at the playing budget and I don't think there has been.

For instance, Andrew Barrowman's investment included bringing his team with him - scout, data analyst and so on.

Edited by pantene proV

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I think that’s somewhat the elephant in the room just now. If we made a huge loss every year with next to nothing of a behind the scenes team and  a decaying stadium. I’m not sure where all the additional cash is coming from.

This is the elephant in the room. One off investment is great and very welcome but unless commercial income goes up significantly then any additional salaries are just going to create an even bigger shortfall. Willing to trust that the new guys know what they’re doing financially, but making Rovers sustainable is a big ask. 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Andy Considine? I thought he was still under contract at st Johnstone 

Some boy on here said he had heard it mentioned at the Kelty game

Edited by Kooz92

2 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Well, we've just had an investment in the club. My understanding was that the consortium's investment was primarily going into the infrastructure of the club. That would include new roles, jobs etc. They said there wouldn't be a pot of money thrown at the playing budget and I don't think there has been.

For instance, Andrew Barrowman's investment included bringing his team with him - scout, data analyst and so on.

They will find ways and if it’s anything to go by what they done at kelty (minus throwing money at it) then I think we can be in good stead… 2-3 of the guys I’m lead to believe are very good financially and maybe they’re paying for these new guys coming in but we won’t know unless someone is ITK 

4 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Some boy on here said he had heard it mentioned at the Kelty game

Even though he would be another experienced player which I won’t be against I still think we need a quick CH and a Quick full back if we want to play this high line 

10 hours ago, Jilted John said:

You’d like to hope it’s a ‘spend to save’ investment. 
If better talent identification and injury analysis can help avoid signing more Keatings’ or Frederiksens and identify more O’Riordans and Hendrys then it may pay for itself. 

14 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Had a wee nosey on EF site for tickets for Saturday. Half the away stand is unavailable - we've surely not sold out half of it? Tenner or a fiver if anyone is heading along.

I'd imagine they're anticipating a relatively small Rovers support so they're probably only selling tickets for half of the stand to start with.

I reckon we had 500-550 at Kelty on Saturday.