The New Raith Rovers Thread

Brown tore his calf muscle in the first week of preseason, reckons another 4 weeks until he's back.

From personal experience a torn calf fucking hurts and the muscle very quickly wastes away i was on crutches for 3 weeks. Saying that I didn't have a full time physio on the case day in day out. 

35 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Colin Steven was shite as usual again tonight I’m genuinely baffled how he’s a 2nd tier ref I’ve seen better officiating in Sunday league 

He's had games in the top flight.

The Dundee United v Hearts game last Christmas Eve springs to mind - several penalty decisions overturned by VAR and he was standing ready to wave a yellow card at Craig Gordon as he was being lifted onto a stretcher with his leg hanging off.

14 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

He's had games in the top flight.

The Dundee United v Hearts game last Christmas Eve springs to mind - several penalty decisions overturned by VAR and he was standing ready to wave a yellow card at Craig Gordon as he was being lifted onto a stretcher with his leg hanging off.

Point still stands he’s an arsehole of a ref that wants everything in the game made about him 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

2 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Not really?  He had disappeared before that?  Just because he scored doesn't really change that he hadn't done much before hand

Given he won the game, replacing him then would have been problematical.

8 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

And maybe another forward if the opportunity presents its self 

Yup, we can’t simply rely on Hamilton. We’re going through another injury after another. We had all the possession in a bit of a practice match. The amount of efforts on goal last night could’ve been double figures. But sadly it wasn’t to be. Mullin’s goal was terrific, and we had to rely on an Albion player to get the other. No. 14 Bevan looks the part, loads of energy, could he be got??

I’m not going to go down the route of the boo boy moaning. We simply need to have all our players ready for the rigours of the Chamoionship. Last nights match was great for possession football. A lot of onus is being placed on Jack Hamilton to produce the goods. If and when we see him in action, I think Mullin will be a catalyst for him. His deliveries are what strikers thrive on. Right now Gullan and Vaughan are trying way too hard to prove themselves. Trying to score the perfect goals, eg last Saturdays missed penalties. They need to calm down and let it come naturally, on their day they’re some of the best players in the league, and let’s face it if Vaughan wasn’t curtailed with injuries he’d be in the Premiership or down South that’s how much I rate him. Albion Rovers defended like their lives depended on it, they’ll need that for the lowland league. I’d take Joe Bevan from them too, when he got on the ball yesterday I just felt he could get something. Good luck AR hopefully see you back in League 2 soon.  

16 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Callum Smith posted missing again for yourselves? You'll be saying this a lot this season.

Yeah he’s been pretty anonymous so far but once we have a fully fit frontline he will probably be on the bench. He will still be an upgrade on what we’ve had on the bench in recent seasons so I’m not disappointed 

10 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Cup tie Cardle was famous for that when he was here. 

8 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Yeah he’s been pretty anonymous so far but once we have a fully fit frontline he will probably be on the bench. He will still be an upgrade on what we’ve had on the bench in recent seasons so I’m not disappointed 

I'm not so sure, Murray loves him even when he was at his worst for us Murray would never drop him.

He will have a couple of games where he's brilliant but for most of the season i think you'll be pretty disappointed by him. He could only turn up every few games in league 1 last season. Thought there was a massive overreaction from both sets of fans (majority of them) when he left us in the summer.

I thought Smith was better last night in fairness and he caused problems down the left in the first half. Played more centrally in the second half which we dominated without having too many shots. 

I think last night was a game that would have suited connolly down to the ground.

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I thought Smith was better last night in fairness and he caused problems down the left in the first half. Played more centrally in the second half which we dominated without having too many shots. 

I think last night was a game that would have suited connolly down to the ground.

Aye, he was one of the better players. Very harsh if folk are claiming he was anonymous.

I find some of the negativity bewildering and somewhat irritating by some of the Raith support. 
The feeling I’ve got right now is more positive than any other season since I was a young lad in the mid to late 90’s.

Every other team I’ve read about are still scratching about for players and we’ve secured EVERY 1st choice target we’ve went for. Injuries aside the squad we’ve got today is good enough to be competitive in a very tight Championship league. Genuinely WTF are some of you wanting or expecting? 

Dabrovski, Brown, Watson, McGill, Vaughan, Easton, Connolly, Mullin, Stanton, Gullan - some serious talent there that most champ teams would love on their books and Murray is going for more.

I’ll leave the neg heads to argue about the price of a pie or where a dugout has been moved to and I’ll continue my optimism for my local team.

Enjoyed that add night and watched the 2nd half again this morning. Fair play Albion Rovers, in about it and tested us a few times. Big Kev had the answers and young Corr assisted well.

Pretty much an onslaught 2nd half which the keeper kept at bay. Feel this is a game we would have drawn last year.

Not sure we would gave got over the thousand mark last year. 

Murray is a very welcome addition and possibly more to come. Hope it's not an all or nothing season financially but trusting the new guys.

A lot to feel good about and a noticeable improvement round the place that volunteers and ground staff need credit for. 

New strip and a trip to Killie next.

Edited by The Tiel Burn