The New Raith Rovers Thread

After watching the highlights, it really was 2 going on about 6 or 7. For as compact and organised as Albion were, we got through them several times and it was poor finishing rather than a poor final ball that was the issue. 

Real positive that we kept patient and didn't end up lumping long ball as their defence would've dealt with that all day. Ultimately they tired and we got a couple of goals in the last quarter of the game.

A result down at Rugby park and we're well in with a shout of progressing.

1 minute ago, Beastie Russell said:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/crunch-week-for-viaplay/

oh dear, Viaplay in financial trouble - wonder when we get paid ?

They have the Scottish Cup rights (alongside BBC) and also Scotland games. 

Another great result there for the brain donors in charge of the game.

6 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

They'll end up on Sky Sports or TNT Sports or some other PTW subscription service. National team games should be free to air but UEFA and the SFA are not interested in anything but cash

Probably or maybe even that Dazn might try their hand in football dunno might have to wait and see 

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Sure I read somewhere this morning that the SPFL has already received and banked the prize money from viaplay for the league cup.

Time for the BBC to step up, and while they're at how about a bit more coverage of the Championship & lower leagues

The BBC have a contract to show 20 Championship games as well as the radio contracts, L1 & L2 would require further investment.

I'm Sure the SPFL have a YouTube channel that shows lower league highlights from club TV highlights.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The BBC have a contract to show 20 Championship games as well as the radio contracts, L1 & L2 would require further investment.

I'm Sure the SPFL have a YouTube channel that shows lower league highlights from club TV highlights.

I’m sure now BBC Alba have a certain amount of League 1 games they could show live 

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

They've committed to showing some league one games this season which is a positive step.