The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Raith1234 said:

Having the open training session the same day as the away top release is a great idea from the club. Hopefully a lot of people go down and buy the top from the shop.  On another note, having watched the Euan Murray interview, I think it’s great he’s back at the club and hopefully we don’t have any idiots shouting abuse at him in the first game. 

He seems like a really decent fella going by that interview, good to have him back playing for us.

12 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

He seems like a really decent fella going by that interview, good to have him back playing for us.

Liked him first time round and warmed to him even more after the interview.

I (wrongly) thought the open day was Saturday. I'm sure there are reasons for Monday but can't take any of the kids in my family down due to work and their play schemes. Pity they would have loved it. 

Edited by Always next quarter

Good interview with Murray. Can’t think anyone who genuinely supports the club will hold a grudge. A shame that it sounds like his fitness needs a bit of work. Would have loved to have watched him scoring the winner down at Killie. Never mind, a winner against the Pars at some point will do just fine. 

Club has thrown a potential revenue stream away but not doing an open day this weekend. Last year it was MOBBED, however a bit chaotic. With better organisation and time to advertise they could have had a big crowd and lots of pennies in the till.

This feels half baked, is at a poor time, and looks more like a tick box exercise to be honest.

It’s a weird timing as we’ll because it clashes with the popular Community club camps. 

I know a good few people’s kids are going to the camp next week, and won’t be able to attend due to clash of times. 

2 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Club has thrown a potential revenue stream away but not doing an open day this weekend. Last year it was MOBBED, however a bit chaotic. With better organisation and time to advertise they could have had a big crowd and lots of pennies in the till.

This feels half baked, is at a poor time, and looks more like a tick box exercise to be honest.

I am equally disappointed but there will be a reason. The players are maybe being given the weekend off or something. I’m sure they’d have had it on Saturday if they could. 

Listened to Murrays’ Interview and he seems happy to be here. Yeah, he may not have left in the best of circumstances, but if he performs on the pitch that  will get forgotten about.  Classes himself as a defender who puts his body on the line and i think that is exactly what we need in there, also his stats for cleans sheets/wins were impressive as well last time around, so he must have been doing something right.

Can’t even think of a recent Raith defender who would have that amount of games to  clean sheets ratio. 

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I am equally disappointed but there will be a reason. The players are maybe being given the weekend off or something. I’m sure they’d have had it on Saturday if they could. 

The reason will be Murray will be at EEP again to watch Pars v Killie on Saturday 

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There is nothing anyone can say that will convince me that Euan Murray isn’t putting that voice on. 

Imagine you’ve got the big man chewing the fat/ Scottish terminator type glesgie voice telling you what to do and where to be, yer gonnie listen ha 

Let's have a open day when parents are potentially at work. Was at the game on Tuesday and not a strip in sight. Not even anything comparible made by joma to try on just to see the suze comparison to the previous brand. We will have a new strip unveiled and still no clue what size to buy.