The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not bad as away kits go. Not sure on the collar and has a bit of a Cowdenbeath vibe but not too shabby at all.

On merchandise in general, we have some really nice stuff now but the website is so bad it's hard to buy. I thought some of the Joma stuff we had was pretty good but the errea "leisurewear" and training wear looks quite smart IMO. We also have a tie in with the Terrace (not Shaughan and his pals!) and they have some nice hoodies and whatnot. Might be worth seeing if you guys can do similar.

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

The collar doesn't look nearly as bad as it does on the home strip. The only thing that spoils it is the black Joma label right in the middle of the map of the Canaries.

Agree 100%. That’s the ‘bespoke’ part of the kit so why place it where the label goes?

Yep, that’s a winner.

Love the yellow and blue badge.

Like the fact it has the word Kirkcaldy on the shorts.

The Canary Islands tribute is a cool touch.

Another ✅ in the box for the positivity the new bod and all connected are taking us.

Loved the idea of a pink strip last season but bar 1/2 results we were honking every time I seen us play in it. Hopefully good vibes with this equally attention grabbing number.

10 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Website had a few changes.....

The new league table is interesting......

I know Airdrie are not very good, but bit disrespectful on an official club site calling them Airdireonians

Just as a matter of interest, given the official team name is Airdrieonians F.C. how’s that disrespectful? Asking from ignorance of the ugliness that likely occurred during the transition.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just as a matter of interest, given the official team name is Airdrieonians F.C. how’s that disrespectful? Asking from ignorance of the ugliness that likely occurred during the transition.

Maybe I'm wide of the mark, but I'm assuming @Heid_The_Baw's spelling of the team name within his post was how it appeared on the website (AirDIREonians) and it was mearly an amusing nod to that.

If so, it's been fixed now.

On 14/07/2023 at 14:07, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Travel to Annan - trains fucked unless strike action called off. 

Last paragraph on this update about the reduced timetable:

‘The significantly reduced timetable on 20, 22 and 29 July will mean North Wales, Shrewsbury, Blackpool, Stoke-on-Trent, Macclesfield and Edinburgh have no Avanti West Coast services.’

Link: https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/strike 

Edit to add: trains do run down the west coast from Glasgow central direct to Annan. But typically for the whole of July all trains between central and Kilmarnock are replacement bus! (Further edit to add: some of the replacements are direct 40m services - others go round the stops between central and killie).

I know folk will be doing there own homework but just in case the above from me let folk think that the bus fuckery between Central and Kilmarnock means trains all the way are not an option at all.

It possible to use the train up and down starting in Kirkcaldy/Edinburgh. It’s just a b*****d. It’s Edinburgh to Queen Street, walk to central (10 mins max) Central to Carlisle, Carlisle to Annan. 

p.s. This doesn’t apply this time but just FYI in case it’s helpful for folks. If you use the scotrail app, it always tells you to use a bus between Queen street and central - which is fucking mental. It also means that it buys in about 45 mins for you to travel from queen street to central - you need 10-15 mins. So if ever having to change between queen street and central it’s always worth doing a search from central to your destination, as you can usually get a quicker train that the app tells you as your ‘planned journey’. 

6 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I know folk will be doing there own homework but just in case the above from me let folk think that the bus fuckery between Central and Kilmarnock means trains all the way are not an option at all.

It possible to use the train up and down starting in Kirkcaldy/Edinburgh. It’s just a b*****d. It’s Edinburgh to Queen Street, walk to central (10 mins max) Central to Carlisle, Carlisle to Annan. 

p.s. This doesn’t apply this time but just FYI in case it’s helpful for folks. If you use the scotrail app, it always tells you to use a bus between Queen street and central - which is fucking mental. It also means that it buys in about 45 mins for you to travel from queen street to central - you need 10-15 mins. So if ever having to change between queen street and central it’s always worth doing a search from central to your destination, as you can usually get a quicker train that the app tells you as your ‘planned journey’. 

Weighed it up but decided not to bother. Involved leaving the house about 9am and getting home after midnight. No worth it. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Weighed it up but decided not to bother. Involved leaving the house about 9am and getting home after midnight. No worth it. 

Aye that’s fair mate, it turns a decent length trip into a mammoth all dayer. 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL