The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

We will go 4132 I can’t see Masson playing as there’s nothing suggesting he will because not played any of cup games so why Now when there’s a chance to qualify? 

if there is any changes it might be Murray in CH and Maybe Jack up top and he puts Gullan on the bench that’s it really 

And now how’s that “best team” theory looking…

I'm a bit disappointed we haven't seen anything of Euan Murray to be honest.  Corr is young and with potential,  but I don't imagine he's first choice - and we will be going into our first league game not having played our first choice centre half partnership.

Still think we are going into the new season with not a huge amount of obvious difference in our weak areas.  What we've seen so far is an incredibly frustrating and wasteful side in attack, prone to conceding daft goals - which is just a repeat of last season.

League cup ultimately carries little weight in terms of how a league season will go - but I'd say there are still plenty questions.

Edited by CALDERON

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I'm a bit disappointed we haven't seen anything of Euan Murray to be honest.  Corr is young and with potential,  but I don't imagine he's first choice - and we will be going into our first league game not having played our first choice centre half partnership.

Still think we are going into the new season with not a huge amount of obvious difference in our weak areas.  

I'd expect to see Murray at half time or shortly afterwards. Ian Murray said he was planning on giving him minutes on Wednesday but the timing of the goals put him off. 

Just now, CALDERON said:

Still think we are going into the new season with not a huge amount of obvious difference in our weak areas.  

This. Same old soft centre at the heart of the defence as last season. Murray replacing Corr will help here but may not solve it. Also injuries are killing is yet again. Really missing Brown and Connelly. 

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

For the armchair fans this wind is causing carnage. 
Need to take full advantage and batter them in the 2nd.

Aye, I don't think it really played a part in either goal, but it is blawing an absolute hoolie, right into the Rovers faces. 

You'd think Annan would be in for a torrid second half, but they've handled the game very well so far. 

Missing the work rate and movement of Gullan going forward to create spaces for our players to find a pass. Feels a bit congested so far when we're attacking. 

Defensively we've looked like a side with inexperienced players at times but we need to be behind the young lads

Could be about 9-4 here. 

The big source of solace for the Rovers will be creating a barrowload of chances into this wind. You'd think they'd be able to do it again when every Annan clearance is going to fall 25 yards shorter.

Our "It'll all be fine with Jack Hamilton" views look increasingly to be based on sheer hope rather than any sort of evidence. Very early days but he's not been the battering ram focal point I was hoping for any time I've seen him so far. We'll see how he gets on in this second half when presumably we'll be getting a few more crosses into him. 

I'd also be getting Euan Murray on for his aerial presence at set pieces alone.