The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You've got a good manager there, although in fairness, doesn't take much to outsmart McPake.

Wonder how close Murray came to the Dens gig.

Thank you.

Thankfully he never got close enough, but I can see many more opportunities opening up to him ........ unfortunately for us

Great performance. O'Reilly was excellent for the most part, grabbed a very good assist as well. Unsure what the penalty call was though. 

Surprised big Kev wasn't booked for his penalty celebrations. No issue with the taker being given pelters though, you've missed a free hit, 12 yards out, into a player that can't move until you hit it. Deserve all you get if you miss that opportunity...more if you fail to hit the target.

19 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Great performance. O'Reilly was excellent for the most part, grabbed a very good assist as well. Unsure what the penalty call was though. 

Surprised big Kev wasn't booked for his penalty celebrations. No issue with the taker being given pelters though, you've missed a free hit, 12 yards out, into a player that can't move until you hit it. Deserve all you get if you miss that opportunity...more if you fail to hit the target.

Willie Collum being an utter phallus. It was never a penalty. 

I thought that although O'Reilly played well, he did have a couple of rash moments (one in each half) that could've led to danger against better opposition. These things happen when you lack gane time and hopefully he'll kick on. Totally blameless at the penalty though - he did absolutely nothing that merited a foul, let alone a yellow card as well. 

With Watson looking like he'll be back after Christmas there's an excellent opportunity to stake a claim for an extended contract. 

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You've got a good manager there, although in fairness, doesn't take much to outsmart McPake.

Wonder how close Murray came to the Dens gig.

Thank you.

We are at least 2 years ahead of schedule during this project tbf. I am not defending anyone after that, but I am still confident in the next 2 or so years we can develop this squad to win the Championship outright and make a good go of being Premiership mainstays rather than yo-yoing constant. Rovers have clearly put all the chips down this season.

We have took some stick after this game but suppose that comes with the territory of being a big club and expectations are high. The expectations should be low ffs. We have only just came up from up from League 1 with an average squad age of about 22. 

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

You want elaborate on rovers have clearly put all the chips down this season?

Probably due to the fact it’s the most money you have spent on player’s wages for an age? I would honestly be shocked if if Raith’s wage expenditure isn’t the 2nd highest in the league. 

What a performance. I really should stop doubting whatever batshit formation/lineup Murray decides to play, made some huge calls recently and got them all bang on.

Also, worth noting we have scored 14 goals in our last 5 away games, we managed 18 goals away from home over the whole of last season (26 matches).

Having Jack Hamilton back is absolutely massive for us. I suspect he was struggling with an injury that hadn't really cleared up at the start of the season and so we didn't see the best of him, but he's been absolutely fantastic the last few games since he came back. Bullies defenders, holds the ball up, scores poacher's goals as well. Exactly the player we've been crying out for for years. 

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We are at least 2 years ahead of schedule during this project tbf. I am not defending anyone after that, but I am still confident in the next 2 or so years we can develop this squad to win the Championship outright and make a good go of being Premiership mainstays rather than yo-yoing constant. Rovers have clearly put all the chips down this season.

We have took some stick after this game but suppose that comes with the territory of being a big club and expectations are high. The expectations should be low ffs. We have only just came up from up from League 1 with an average squad age of about 22. 

Delusional nonsense 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Probably due to the fact it’s the most money you have spent on player’s wages for an age? I would honestly be shocked if if Raith’s wage expenditure isn’t the 2nd highest in the league. 

You talking garbage. Why did we let Ethan Ross go out on loan, spencer left, Jamie Mcdonald left, Christophe Berra left. We spunked far far more last season. Our crowds for this season are near to 1000 a game up on last year. Just stick to your own clubs issues 👍

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Really?  I'd say the amount of money we spunked on wages in McGlynn's last season is probably more than we're spending this season.  Probably a lot more when you throw in the money we paid out to Keatings for nothing and the whole Goodwillie shambles.

One thing that's been mentioned in the interviews about the new board is how shocked they were by the contracts we'd been letting McGlynn hand out.

Edited by SanStarko

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

So your guessing and using that as reason behind the horsing tonight and how good a start and only a start to the league campaign we have made

We probably spent more on DG and getting rid of him than we have spent on our entire wages for an age😅

I,d be surprised if our wage expenditure is the 2 nd highest in the league but feel free to post the wage expenditure of clubs in the division

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Just now, DAFC. said:

I doubt it’s higher than 2021/2022 tbf. We paid fees for the likes of Gullan, Ross and he who shall not be named. Along with hefty wages for Berra and Keatings. McGlynn was very well backed.

Our average crowds have more than doubled this season along with a transformation of the commercial side resulting in us already surpassing last seasons revenue total on that side of things I believe so it makes sense our budget has increased. However, it’s also worth noting Jamie MacDonald turned down a new contract with us and signed for Morton and we also lost Tom Lang and Brad Spencer to League One Falkirk after offering them deals which doesn’t really suggest we are putting all our eggs in one basket. 

We have used longer term deals as an added incentive for signings rather than huge up front wages which can obviously backfire (Deniz Mehmet, 3 years :lol:) but looks good so far. 

We also lost out on Stanger to Ayr. We will be much higher than Airdrie, Arbroath and Morton but I’d be shocked if there were huge amounts between us, Pars, Partick, Inverness and Ayr.