The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Did we see Dylan Easton put on a show at tannadice? Yes we did!!!!!! I’m buzzing with that, but that last 30 mins though seemed to of lasted like a week 🤣

Beaton even tried to give them "Murray time" by playing 8? Minutes extra... Felt like he had just reset his watch to zero once it went to 90 though, not going to lie. 

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

Beaton even tried to give them "Murray time" by playing 8? Minutes extra... Felt like he had just reset his watch to zero once it went to 90 though, not going to lie. 

6 minutes and about 8 seconds…which give the injury to Big Kev and the injury sub with Easton, plus a couple of other subs, seems fair enough.

Stanton’s vision gets mentioned, but it’s still not mentioned enough. An absolute gem of a long pass, sliced though 5 players, and it was taken within a couple of seconds of getting the pass from Millen wide. The other players needing mention are Vaughan for seeing the redirect pass out to Millen, and Byrne for hitting Vaughan with the pass when he got the ball from the challenge that Mullin made to take the ball off the Dundee United MotM, Sibbald.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, Liam899 said:

Class, well done boys! How’s Byrne getting on? Loved him at Dens, very harshly dealt with. However, he’d now struggle to get into our team. Really hope you boys can do it! 

Byrne's been outstanding. He seems to love it here, the fans love him. It would be great if we can get a permanent deal in place in January. 

12 hours ago, grumswall said:

How is Greig? I seen oor Lewis has spoken to him. Wish the young man all the best in his recovery. 

He won't be back playing football for a while, but he was in good spirits yesterday. Albeit the result at Parkhead coupled with three points for the Sons and Rovers probably meant it was hard not to be in a good mood for him!

He didn't look to be moving too badly at all. I actually hadn't clocked it was him at first, I thought he'd be on crutches or something. But he was just in a trackie. Which is hopefully a sign that the surgery has gone fine, now just keeping my fingers crossed his rehab keeps to track.

13 hours ago, pantene proV said:

He's not underrated by us anyway. Superb player 

Nor by his teammates I'd imagine. Youngy spoke highly of him. He doesn't grab the headlines like an Easton type does (or the attention of the guys on Sportsound) but I'd imagine he's one of your most vital players. He certainly was when he was with us. Take him out the team and we just weren't the same at all. 

I have seen a lot of opposition fans comment after yesterday along the lines of ‘fair play but will interesting to see how they cope when injuries/suspensions kick in’. Now we may fall away for a variety of reasons (my natural Rovers pessimism means I have been expecting it every game since August!) And injuries may play a part in it.

However, it is important to note we have had a lot of injuries to contend with so far. We haven’t had a full squad all season, our club captain has been out since pre season. Jack Hamilton has started only 12 of our 25 games. Our most experienced centre back hasn’t played since September. We have had 2 senior centre backs on pitch for 85 of the last 1,260 minutes of football we have played. Every outfield player has missed a game this season. As recently as a couple of weeks ago we had 5/6 players out.

As said, things can go wrong at any moment, this league is incredibly tight but the run of form so far hasn’t been due to a lot of luck and the same 11 players being able to play week in week out, it’s been a fantastic full squad effort.

16 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

It's all going to end in tears 😂 Just give it time 🤣

Awww the wee shame, Poor wee tazz our current success must be absolutely eating you up.  If we f**k it at least we'll be in the Championship next season.

East Fife on the other hand are close to being on the road to oblivion.

Places1 11 and 14-16 are former Division 2 members, will the Fife be in that select group soon?

Screenshot_2023-12-17-14-58-22-39_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.da76f116df41a74f5652ad52b1701e4b.jpg

I really hope Rovers manage to sustain a title push and ultimately gain promotion. It would be great to see Rovers do what Queens Park failed to achieve. The Premiership is in dire need of some new faces, I'm sick of seeing the same teams get relegated and then bounce back up again. 

Run up Xmas, cost of living crisis and all that other wonderful stuff, feck it - just bought the season ticket for the remainder of the season. Haven't had one for the best part of 20 years but there's something about this team 😍😍

We have a couple of first team players out of contract nxt year, included in this is Dylan Easton.  He can sign a pre contract with a team in January can he not?  Surely we should be doing everything in our power to extend our prized assets prior to the Jan window.

I'd be surprised if any of our current players decided to jump ship just now. Byrne is the only question mark however if he's recalled I'd be surprised if he's not loaned back for the rest of the season ala Zanatta when he was at Hearts. Ideally Dundee just agree to extend his loan. I can't see up coming out of contract players putting pen to paper before they know what league we're going to be in next season likewise teams buying players in January when they could get them for free in the summer would make more sense.