The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, renton said:

Looks like a back 3 again?

I don’t see that with Millen and Mullin. Millen’s too vulnerable as the right side of a back three…but what do we all know.

40 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I don’t see that with Millen and Mullin. Millen’s too vulnerable as the right side of a back three…but what do we all know.

S**t, 3-6-1 being called by RaithTV…I’m less confident now.

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

S**t, 3-6-1 being called by RaithTV…I’m less confident now.

Kinda reminds me of a certain ex Hearts and alleged Rovers fan and ex Scotland manager yadayada against the Czech Republic. And still lost, hopefully that doesn’t happen today. 🙏

Murray get your fucking finger out yer arse. But wait I better not say any more. I have the right to complain about this lack of defensive cover. Whether we like it or not Keith Watson will never be the answer. We gifted a mediocre team three points AGAIN. awaits the clapping seals disapproval though. 

Edited by Stardog_champion

Poor team selection and tactics have cost us points today and not for the first time this season.
Consolation Partick only draw as do United.
Really need to get back to winning league games when they next arise.

This is getting beyond a joke now. 

murray Watson and corr should be starting and playing 3 cb’s. 

is IM going through some sort of midlife crisis? Why have 3 cb’s and play one - one who has been out injured at that! Dick has not been very good the past 5/6 weeks!

Embarrassing!

I don’t agree with needing a new CB of all are fit, just play the three we have but a new FB is certainly something we have to be looking at!

murray needs to concentrate on what he has and not podcasts and 💩. Stop being an open book and show some ⚽⚽️’s and play you bloody defenders!

Edited by mrraith71

Absolutely shambolic today. Particularly in that first half. Our next two league games are against Partick and United.

For all the plaudits Murray got pre Christmas with his bold selections, he’s completely messed it up since.

Just now, mrraith71 said:

This is getting beyond a joke now. 

murray Watson and corr should be starting and playing 3 cb’s. 

is IM going through some sort of midlife crisis? Why have 3 cb’s and play one - one who has been out injured at that! Dick has not been very good the past 5/6 weeks!

Embarrassing!

I don’t agree with needing a new CB of all are fit, just play the three we have but a new FB is certainly something we have to be looking at!

No, we shouldnt play that flat 3-5-2 ever again. Gave us f**k all going forward, flat midfield was no more solid than the 4-1-3-2 or 4-2-3-1. 

Defending was an appaling joke.

17 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Murray get your fucking finger out yer arse. But wait I better not say any more. I have the right to complain about this lack of defensive cover. Whether we like it or not Keith Watson will never be the answer. We gifted a mediocre team three points AGAIN. awaits the clapping seals disapproval though. 

Give it a fucking rest. No one is coming in to defend Murray after today, but you playing the aggrieved Cassandra figure is wearing in the extreme.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Give it a fucking rest. No one is coming in to defend Murray after today, but you playing the aggrieved Cassandra figure is wearing in the extreme.

At least we got a participation trophy, oh wait we didn’t. We gave it a good try though. Clapping like a seal as usual eh rents

Edited by Stardog_champion

Really not enjoying the Rovers at the moment.

Honest opinion is Id happily punt Easton if it meant getting a top quality CB. He’s been honking for weeks and far too much of the show pony nonsense. 

Murray simply must change the formation and make us harder to beat. Whilst Stanton’s out he needs to get Matthews on the pitch.

That back line needs an overhaul. I don’t rate any of the back 4.

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Honest opinion is Id happily punt Easton if it meant getting a top quality CB. He’s been honking for weeks and far too much of the show pony nonsense. 

Murray simply must change the formation and make us harder to beat. Whilst Stanton’s out he needs to get Matthews on the pitch.

This is merely speculation. Has there been interest from other clubs and we’ve turned them down hence the shite performances since the United match, a player I thought would push on. But yet has faded away.

Got to lay that fully at IM tonight.

Woeful 1st half formation with only 1 CH in a back 3, a CH returning from injury at that (2 CHs on bench). Midfield strangled by numbers and as a result no-one knows what they're doing. Keeper's fitness debatable too.

2nd half a bit better in 442 but too little too late and no ability to unlock a 5 or some times 6 man defence, due in some small part to our Tannadice Maestro always taking too many touches, getting caught in possession or playing the difficult ball when the easy one would have done.

If Corr, who looked OK last time, can't get a game in a formation like that, why is he here? I'd be pretty pissed off if I was him. 

I could go on but to be honest, I've bored myself. That was dire. We have so many good players and at the moment, the manager can't get a tune out of them. Bumps in the road? This is a slippery slope, unless he changes his ways.

7 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Funnily enough we didn’t do badly when we changed to a back four.

As for Easton, and Connolly, now we play with a front two rather than a three, they are very ineffective. Starting too wide rather than either side of a main striker.

Can't play 3 at the back when it involves our closest players to wing backs we have and our midfield consists of an immobile Byrne and Brown who lacks the passing range to make a difference. Connolly and Smith were useless at wing back, neither being able to create space or cut out balls into channels that ICT made time and time again. Murray was caught trying to do his best Tom Lang impression by getting the ball at all costs, even if it meant fouling the player in the process and our forward line was very inneffectual. 

A few things that stood out to me today. Brown isn't good enough to play in a top of the table midfield as part of a two man setup, not quick enough with the ball at his feet and doesn't have the range of passing needed to support and supplement Byrne or whomever is with him there. If he was sitting in a 3 man midfield, sure as long as he had two capable players with him. You saw when Turner came on just how quick he was spraying the ball around to team mates compared to Brown. I love his attitude and he's been great filling in at the back, but he's not dynamic for what we need.

Dick is becoming a liability, the slightest bit of pressure on him and the ball is hoofed forward aimlessly and he's incredibly quick to pass a player on and make no effort to win the ball himself.

Connolly is needing benched, he's just not the player he was last season, very ineffectual, slow, timid and spent more time falling over than making any impact. Second half he was poor, offered us nothing. Granted, same could be said for a few others.

Dabrowski has either tried to change his kicking style or is still suffering from an injured hip as his goal kicks barely hit the half way line and he was far too slow to get down for the second goal today. A few times he didn't come out to collect a ball that probably should have been his too. 

That said, we now only have Stanton (and probably Hamilton) out injured, there is no excuse to try and shoehorn players into silly positions now. 

19 minutes ago, renton said:

No, we shouldnt play that flat 3-5-2 ever again. Gave us f**k all going forward, flat midfield was no more solid than the 4-1-3-2 or 4-2-3-1. 

Defending was an appaling joke.

When was the last time we played with 3cb’s?

Also, the FB’s have been rotten recently. 

I totally agree the defending was an absolute shambles. 

I’ve said it a million times. Get laddies out on loan, stop ruining their careers by sitting on that bench week in week out! If we were winning and doing well then fair enough but stop wasting these laddies talents!