The New Raith Rovers Thread

Murrays post match interview is up. Very candid as usual and took a lot of the blame for today.  I sense from his tone the 3 at the back is dead in the water.

He was critical of the players and their attitude/performance which isn't like him and pretty much said what we all have about performances since the Ayr game.  

36 minutes ago, Mr.Reeee said:

Millen as a centre half today was possibly the most perplexing tactical decision I've seen in  a number of years, his game at full back is standing folk up and showing them wide and refusing to put in a tackle but you simply can't play that way in a 3 at the back system.

Millen has been my bug bear all season, he seemed to do OK defensively last season but has always been better on the overlap than at actual defending.  We desperately need to shore up the defence and for me he'd be the first one out.

I strongly disagree with that.

Liam Dick should be the first one out.

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Just my opinion I thought Liam dick was utterly shite today got exposed big time I dunno if that’s confidence issue/ a system issue or simply not being good enough but that today was criminal from him infact that entire back 3 were criminal but he was by far the worst 

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Happy clapping defeat draw win ok dokey then

As fans I feel we have every right to be frustrated, angry, have opinions and thoughts on the games, take the praise when it comes but also have to take criticism as well the last few home performances have been criminal lead at Ayr draw 4-4, 2-0 up against half an Arbroath side 2-2, 1-0 up against a pretty shite QP team 2-1 defeat, today Inverness wasn’t great 1-0 up then get beat 3-2 but we can’t call this sh*t out it’s unacceptable for a team going for playoffs/promotion 

18 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I disagree with that kind sir.

For me Dick playing reasonably still defends better than Millen on most days and his issue seems to be confidence currently and given that he is more competent at centre half (today excluded) I'd prefer him in the squad. All in all I would start with changing Millen ASAP and then also change Dick at the end of the season if possible.

16 minutes ago, Mr.Reeee said:

I disagree with that kind sir.

For me Dick playing reasonably still defends better than Millen on most days and his issue seems to be confidence currently and given that he is more competent at centre half (today excluded) I'd prefer him in the squad. All in all I would start with changing Millen ASAP and then also change Dick at the end of the season if possible.

See I have to disagree with you here, out of a bad 3 he was the worst imo he looked lost out there today, constantly targeted and there was a reason he got subbed I thought that was his worst performance in a rovers shirt and he’s had some howlers but today was terrible.
 Millen isn’t a CH he refuses to header a ball, Murray is aggressive but that can also be a negative and he’s not really an organiser at the back the set up today was all wrong from the start 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

27 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Your attempts to gaslight everyone who disagrees with you are as bad as your constant criticism of the team itself.

What are you 10? Gaslight 😂😂 away and boil yer heid. He has every right to criticise the team as well as praise it. This is a results based business, you don't get points for losing 🙄

Edited by A_Rover_In_The_Burgh
Spelling

Where is the evidence that Liam Dick is even remotely confident at CH coming from? I remember the guys on the podcast talking about that a while ago. While I think he’s a reasonably adept left back, he’s nowhere near strong or physical enough to be a centre half for a side looking to go up to the Premier League!

I dont get this oh he was bad, oh he was worse. The whole back line including Murray were atrocious today, no ifs or buts. 

Murray never got near his man and when he did it was a foul. He certainly never ever went in aggressively at any point and actually looked lost at times. I will point back to the Airdrie game, who was meant to be marking Todorov for his goal, Murray, where was he, about 2 yards behind his man. He looks 2 yards short in every aspect of his game at the moment. Maybe he's been rushed back, I don't know but he is not playing well, certainly for an experienced centre half. 

Corr, Masson and even Hannah must surely be getting a nod soon? If they aren't good enough in people's eyes, why are they on the bench and why have they been offered contracts? Something isn't right there. 

I may be out here but I'm wondering if Murray is losing the dressing room, cause the fight and dig has all but gone. 

8 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

What are you 10? Gaslight 😂😂 away and boil yer heid. He has every right to criticise the team as well as praise it. This is a results based business, you don't get pointa for losing 🙄

Sorry, but that was poetry. You have a calmness I seriously do not possess, I watched that match too and felt when we scored it was inevitable we’d lose. I was even excoriated over that assumption, and yet here we are. 

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

Sorry, but that was poetry. You have a calmness I seriously do not possess, I watched that match too and felt when we scored it was inevitable we’d lose. I was even excoriated over that assumption, and yet here we are. 

That's the thing, we have never in the whole season looked like we had a game won, mainly because every game we've had to play Murrayball. Why is that? Last ditch management as your tactics and team selection haven't worked. I get it in a few matches but it's been present all season. That doesn't scream league leaders/winners to me nor play off contenders. He has talented players going forward but going backwards, terrible and that's on Murray. He's not addressing the glaring issue in front of him. We already have players who can win matches but not of your going to concead in every game. 

4 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

He was in thr Tranmere line up today

We sure could use a player of his calibre,  but alas it was only wishful thinking, and 3 defenders from somewhere either this transfer window or for the start of the start of next season has to be the priority................ but of course he'd just sign a load of bleeding midfielders again 

18 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Where is the evidence that Liam Dick is even remotely confident at CH coming from? I remember the guys on the podcast talking about that a while ago. While I think he’s a reasonably adept left back, he’s nowhere near strong or physical enough to be a centre half for a side looking to go up to the Premier League!

I think he's OK as cover at ch in a back 4 but he'd be very much at left back in my ideal back 4 and Millen would be on the bench or at another club. Dick has been poor for 4 or 5 games, Millen has never been able to defend and always relied on centre half cover and and Connollys work rate to paper the cracks.

Edited by Mr.Reeee