The New Raith Rovers Thread

That first half performance was woeful today. The 2 fullbacks in at CHs just doesn't work. Dick was terrible today even his pass which led to the 2nd goal was misplaced. Connolly was also just as bad and should have been hooked at half time. 2nd half was a little better. Rudden showed glimpses that he will cause problems and it was a shame that Hamilton went off as it would have been good to see the two of them up top.

For all his plaudits Dabrowski is at times a bombscare and as a fan I sometimes don't have confidence in him never mind what the defenders must think.

Murray must take full responsibility for that performance today as the 3 at the back was the wrong tactics and cost us the game.

Our strikers also need to take a look at Samuel's for a small guy he bullied our defenders all game, something our front players need to learn. Everyone today must have seen the need for a change at the back. We are far too easy to score against and in midfield I never saw any kind of crunching tackle.

3300 plus today another performance like that and crowds will dip below 3000.

6 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I dont get this oh he was bad, oh he was worse. The whole back line including Murray were atrocious today, no ifs or buts. 

Murray never got near his man and when he did it was a foul. He certainly never ever went in aggressively at any point and actually looked lost at times. I will point back to the Airdrie game, who was meant to be marking Todorov for his goal, Murray, where was he, about 2 yards behind his man. He looks 2 yards short in every aspect of his game at the moment. Maybe he's been rushed back, I don't know but he is not playing well, certainly for an experienced centre half. 

Corr, Masson and even Hannah must surely be getting a nod soon? If they aren't good enough in people's eyes, why are they on the bench and why have they been offered contracts? Something isn't right there. 

I may be out here but I'm wondering if Murray is losing the dressing room, cause the fight and dig has all but gone. 

We’re all entitled to our opinions I respect yours and kind of agree with most of it but imo Dick was the worst out of the 3 he looked lost, didn’t know whether he was a FB or CH at times (this ain’t me picking directly at him) as I’ve said all 3 were shocking someone could easily put the case up for Millen for being the worst

but as I said in my opinion he was awful, when he went to full back crosses were bad, got caught out with decision making to ultimately getting hooked for McGill 

2 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

Yea, but it seems as when I say something all I read is REEEEEEEEEEEE!! I’m just not all that big into acceptance of defeat as others. 

See if you're using terms like "REEEEEE", something used as a slur against autistic people, you come across as an oddball c**t. This isn't the first time you've done it, you've been at it before. Nobody likes watching a defeat, but there's no need for the 4chan shite. 

Get a grip. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

For all his plaudits Dabrowski is at times a bombscare and as a fan I sometimes don't have confidence in him never mind what the defenders must think.

What did big Kev do wrong today? First goal was on the defence and he done what any keeper would do, 2nd goal was right in the corner and 3rd goal same with a crowd of bodies in front of him and probably saw it late, unless it’s the other way about ( I can’t mind)  but he done absolutely nothing wrong today or do you mean in general? 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

What did big Kev do wrong today? First goal was on the defence and he done what any keeper would do, 2nd goal was right in the corner and 3rd goal same with a crowd of bodies in front of him and probably saw it late, unless it’s the other way about ( I can’t mind)  but he done absolutely nothing wrong today 

I'm saying his decision making at times, not coming for balls etc does not inspire confidence and defenders must also feel that. Great shot stopper poor in the air and at balls across the face of goal.

He needs to dominate his area.

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm saying his decision making at times, not coming for balls etc does not inspire confidence and defenders must also feel that. Great shot stopper poor in the air and at balls across the face of goal.

High time you took over from Thomson then, if your that good a coach 😉, I've seen some amount of keepers grace Starks over the years and not many have dominated their area 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

See if you're using terms like "REEEEEE", something used as a slur against autistic people, you come across as an oddball c**t. This isn't the first time you've done it, you've been at it before either. Nobody likes watching a defeat, but there's no need for the 4chan shite. 

Get a grip. 

I really need the proof that I’ve denigrated autistic people, I have close family with autism and Asperger’s. Not one has ever mentioned that the REEEEE word has ever triggered them. 4chan FFS!! The next thing I’ll accused of is fascism. Calm the f**k down

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

That I agree with, I thought you meant today apologies, he does have to command his box better come for a lot more balls in the air but I can also flip it does he have confidence with a different back 4/3 playing In front of him seemingly every week? 

The issue with Kev is his match fitness as oppossed to ability. Early in the season he was making great saves where he got his giant frame down insanely quickly. Today he went down for the second goal like a pile of bairns building blocks getting knocked over by a dug wagging it's tail. 

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I really need the proof that I’ve denigrated autistic people, I have close family with autism and Asperger’s. Not one has ever mentioned that the REEEEE word has ever triggered them. 4chan FFS!! The next thing I’ll accused of is fascism. Calm the f**k down

Screenshot_20240127-213321.thumb.png.6e8e29abfd5602b54fb612909db8f051.png

But aye, definitely not a slur against Autistic people...

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

The issue with Kev is his match fitness as oppossed to ability. Early in the season he was making great saves where he got his giant frame down insanely quickly. Today he went down for the second goal like a pile of bairns building blocks getting knocked over by a dug wagging it's tail. 

The 2nd goal could have he done better? I dunno because i wasn’t right behind the goals but it looked to me from where i was there were so many bodies in front of him that he saw it late but I would have to see it again on the highlights because I genuinely don’t know 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

That I agree with, I thought you meant today apologies, he does have to command his box better come for a lot more balls in the air but I can also flip it does he have confidence with a different back 4/3 playing In front of him seemingly every week? 

That's also a problem having a poor defence in front of him.

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

High time you took over from Thomson then, if your that good a coach 😉, I've seen some amount of keepers grace Starks over the years and not many have dominated their area 

No only my observations, he's 6ft 5 and comes to catch nothing. His kicking isn't great and we've lost many goals this season which have gone across him into the corner. 

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The 2nd goal could have he done better? I dunno because i wasn’t right behind the goals but it looked to me from where i was there were so many bodies in front of him that he saw it late but I would have to see it again on the highlights because I genuinely don’t know 

It's debatable if he could or not, what was concerning for me was how he still looked weaker on his right side. The last thing we want is an unfit player aggravating an injury.

52 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

That was not my intention, I’m not a fascist or an ableist but you carry on with your vacuous accusations 

So what was your intention with the "REEEEEE"? 

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

That was not my intention, I’m not a fascist or an ableist but you carry on with your vacuous accusations 

If I didn't want people to think I was using terms from 4chan, I'd quite simply not use terms which are predominantly used on 4chan

4 hours ago, Rovers2017 said:

On a positive note, the welcome gifts for Club 1883 look superb. 

On a negative note, my welcome gifts haven't arrived! 😬

I didn't know what we'd get, thought it would be a wee keyring and badge or similar. Was genuinely impressed when I opened the bag, the quality of the hat and scarf was tip top.