The New Raith Rovers Thread

36 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Rovers recent Tweet is interesting. Big announcement tomorrow. Don't think it's a new player though. 

It's Murray confirming he'll be starting with Two actual centre backs against Airdrie. 

6 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Not in the know but get the feeling it could be about either where the next project will be or maybe it could be about a major investment/tie in?

Its very likely its a non-voting share offering for members of 1883 club. 

Edited by CountryBumpkin

Oh god I remember them selling shares about 30 years ago. 

It's a good spot and wouldn't be surprised. Definetly financial whatever it , initially thought of a sponsorship or investment. 

Talking of which has there been any update on the cladding for the main stand, the sports bar where the club shop is or the food hub? 

14 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Its very likely its a non-voting share offering for members of 1883 club. 

Cannot see Rovers bringing in a defender now at this stage. Disappointing but, with Watson coming back, it’s not a disaster.

Come what may, we need to be going to a back four & - where possible - keeping it as consistent as possible.

Football at Championship level isn’t difficult. Just get back to doing the basics right.

Just now, pub car king said:

I wonder if the deal was ever a possibility or just paler shite.

I don’t doubt his agent was whispering sweet nothings to the ‘papers and/or clubs.

Every chance that was purely to talk his way into the Dundee team though.

44 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Aye the Ashcroft horse has well and truly bolted.

24hrs left of the transfer window to go though, so theres still a chance we get a defender in

I’m a bit frustrated, as the 2023/2024 SPFL Annex 1 #67 still says “Season 22/23” for the Championship/League One/League Two extension through February for the registration period. You would think they should have deleted that rule, or updated it to 23/24, but I guess that’s asking too much of the SPFL. Looks like 11PM Wednesday night is it this year.

32 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’m a bit frustrated, as the 2023/2024 SPFL Annex 1 #67 still says “Season 22/23” for the Championship/League One/League Two extension through February for the registration period. You would think they should have deleted that rule, or updated it to 23/24, but I guess that’s asking too much of the SPFL. Looks like 11PM Wednesday night is it this year.

Tried to find same the other day with same result. However came across an article on Daily Record which claims the Scottish deadline is 11:30pm.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/exact-time-spfl-january-transfer-31947102

14 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Tried to find same the other day with same result. However came across an article on Daily Record which claims the Scottish deadline is 11:30pm.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/exact-time-spfl-january-transfer-31947102

Yeah the deadline is for all 4 divisions to make permanent signings but not sure what loan system is after the 31st, where L2 can loan from L1, L1 from Champ, Champ from Prem… 

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Yeah the deadline is for all 4 divisions to make permanent signings but not sure what loan system is after the 31st, where L2 can loan from L1, L1 from Champ, Champ from Prem… 

The only provision in the current SPFL rules was the extended February window last season. The rules were not changed/updated for this season, so I assume that’s it for everyone on 31 Jan.

Announcement 31st January 2024

Starks Park will now be known as the Skoda Stadium after the club agreed to a sponsorship deal with the Czech car manufacturer.

-Like Skodas, every winter we choke, breakdown and need a push start.

On 29/01/2024 at 23:51, Broken Algorithms said:

A bit later than usual, and more technical difficulties tonight, but here we are. A review of the Caley game, a chat about the South Stand, and a few glimmers of light from the game. 

As always an excellent episode.

In terms of the atmosphere I think the lads most likely to make a noise... aren't always most likely to be well organised to buy tickets promptly.

As touched on, getting people together in one area is the easiest way to get things going. With the hope that the rest of the stand then get involved.

I feel we've maybe missed a trick with the Airdrie game in making it quite a small area. I would have personally given them a bigger area given the stand won't be full. I guess if you still want to get involved you could stand in rows A-C, but what you don't want is a situation where the section is overcrowded as the back has been before.

If this works and makes an improvement i would go all out to get a section in place in a front corner for the United game... as Iain Latto said we don't what to be sitting in the summer thinking what if.

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

Ian Murray gives Sam Stanton update and possible comeback date as Raith Rovers midfielder nears return

Raith Rovers have received a welcome pick-me-up with the news Sam Stanton is nearing a comeback and could return to the squad for Friday’s clash with Airdrie.

The midfielder has proved a talismanic figure for the Stark’s Park side this season but has been sidelined by a knee injury since a few days before Christmas.

He limped out of the 4-4 draw with Ayr United on December 22 after just 36 minutes.

But he had still had time to net his sixth goal of the season and his fourth in seven games.

Rovers have won just once in his absence and succumbed to a fourth straight defeat with the weekend’s 3-2 loss to Inverness Caley Thistle.

Stanton was on the pitch on Saturday being put through his paces before the visit of the Highlanders and he is expected to step up his recovery this week.

If all goes well then the former Dundee United and Hibernian player could even make it into the Raith squad for Friday’s SPFL Trust Trophy semi-final against Aidrie.

Boss Ian Murray said: “Sam’s doing well, he’s doing really, really well.

“His rehab is going pretty much to the letter at the moment, touch wood.

Comeback date

“He will possibly be back with us and getting a getting a touch of the ball with us this week.

“And then we’ll look to maybe involve him on the bench on Friday if he’s alright.

“If not, then I’m really, really confident he’ll be ready for the next game.

“It might just be a couple of days too soon on Friday, or stupid to risk him when we’ve got other players.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4880648/ian-murray-sam-stanton-raith-rovers-comeback/