The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Heard similar but Matthews opposed to Millen.

Utterly criminal to watch all these losses on the spin, us have a black hole in the middle of the park and Matthews can’t get any more than the odd 2 minutes. 

Sounds like the team are falling apart. Maybe the recent form has more to do with the dressing room and management 

6 hours ago, Oberon43 said:

Take cover! The conspiracy theorists have taken over the thread. Time to put on the silver foil helmets 

Well we will see who is in the team line up on Friday. If rumours are true and Ross is no longer there then we will know then 

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I have heard that rumour as well about millen and Murray 

Hopefully it is a rumour as it doesn’t make for good team morale. The laddie is too good to drop a league and not sure what else he could do if he is away

4 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Hopefully it is a rumour as it doesn’t make for good team morale. The laddie is too good to drop a league and not sure what else he could do if he is away

Took some time out from the thread because of my ranting. What’s up with Millen? Hopefully this is a mere rumour. Our problems are the whole of our defence. RB really is the safest it’s been for ages. It’s the LB and CH areas that are in much greater need.

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Not sure

Exactly.....no one seems to be sure!! IM has not been known to throw hair driers ...Alex Ferguson esque!! If they have fallen out....it happens

Rumours are just that...RUMOURS!!  Calm  doon guys!!

On 10/02/2024 at 10:53, San Starko Rover said:

Hibs will bring through a decent crowd unless the weather is rancid.  Just hopeful for a better game of football than we got from them for Davo’s testimonial.  First half was pretty enjoyable but the second half was shockingly cynical football in a friendly match by Hibs. All they did was foul us anytime we attacked knowing the referee wouldn’t book them, utterly ruined a game where the score didn’t matter. Jack Ross must have been the first manager ever to not realise a testimonial is literally a kick about. 

Sounds like a fitting tribute to the player though.  

In fairness if any member of the squad was going to fall out with the manger my money would be on Millen. He strikes me as someone who could start a fight in an empty house as his shithousery with opponents has shown.

Could of course be a load of old shite. 

Anyway it's been a strange 10days or so without a game, a bit like a mini close season. I think we've all needed it.

Just now, Raithie said:

We sign a right back and suddenly there's a massive fall out with Murray and Millen, nothing to do with the fact we've not really got cover for that position. 

Enough of this level headed behaviour, you'll get the ban hammer if you keep this up. 

6 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Exactly.....no one seems to be sure!! IM has not been known to throw hair driers ...Alex Ferguson esque!! If they have fallen out....it happens

Rumours are just that...RUMOURS!!  Calm  doon guys!!

Ok sandy I’m calm, you on the other hand🤷🏻‍♂️, I was showing a bit of support to @mrraith71 as a few were doubting his claim. I have heard the same story as him and as he says we will know on Friday night, have a good day 👍🏻

Just now, Stardog_champion said:

Who is it. Been out of the loop lately? 

Joao Cancelo.

Just now, Been going too long said:

Ok sandy I’m calm, you on the other hand🤷🏻‍♂️, I was showing a bit of support to @mrraith71 as a few were doubting his claim. I have heard the same story as him and as he says we will know on Friday night, have a good day 👍🏻

We won't really know. If Millen is on the bench or not in the squad it could be for a number of reasons - injury perhaps. If he's benched it's no different to the tinkering of the squad Murray has done throughout the season. Doesn't immediately equate to a falling out. Millen was pretty much undroppable if he was available as we had no one to replace him with. Brown now gives Millen a bit of competition to keep his place. 

I didn't hear specifics on players but a few weeks ago I was told by a mate who's connected to another club in our league that there was an incident where players found out (discovered rather than spoken to) who was being released/not offered a new contract in the summer and it caused some friction between management and the squad. Given Millen's out of contract in the summer, that would line up.