The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Glad the Pars can still take solace from being “well on top” in a 3-0 cup defeat to their then lower league, “wee team” neighbours. 

Just fact checking ✔️ 

59 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Sorry but that's not correct. We were well on top when you opened the scoring. It ended up 3-0 so looked like a battering but we only "chucked it" when went down to 10 men.

Raith Rovers 3 – 0 Dunfermline Athletic | Raith Rovers FC

I remember Dunfermline being on top for long periods of that without doing much aside from shooting straight at Thomson when it was much easier to score. Though looking at that line up of Higgenbotham, Hypolyte and El Bakhtaui, its fairly understandable why it finished with no goals. 

23 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

Waste of a decent player

I'm sure all parties are relatively happy with how things have worked out. He'll feel that when he gets a chance to break into the team at Thistle, he can do the same as he did with us. He'll be on more money with them and has the safety of a longer deal.

We struggled defensively both before and after he left so it's much of a muchness, but time will tell whether both James Brown and Ashcroft change that for us.  

14 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Fact: Rovers 3-0 Pars.

Opinion: Pars did alright for a bit.

Happy to help.

Christ i was just offering another view on the game, one that your own club website agreed with. Obviously we ended up getting skelped. 🤪 

30 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Typical Glasgow club taking other teams players mid-season then not playing them, imo.

To be fair they didn't take our players he was a free agent. Now we have Ashcroft I'm not too fussed O'Reillys away.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Sorry but that's not correct. We were well on top when you opened the scoring. It ended up 3-0 so looked like a battering but we only "chucked it" when went down to 10 men.

That's fair enough, my memory was probably tinted by the scoreline. Don't remember much of the game itself outside of the goals and sending off - which is probably becau we didnt do much of note up until then.

I'd still count a 3-0 loss as a battering regardless, especially against lower league opposition in a competitive game.

Edited by Ex Machina

31 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

That's fair enough, my memory was probably tinted by the scoreline. Don't remember much of the game itself outside of the goals and sending off - which is probably becau we didnt do much of note up until then.

I'd still count a 3-0 loss as a battering regardless, especially against lower league opposition in a competitive game.

I've repeatedly said it ended up being a battering/skelping/doing/humping but up until the sending off it was a game we should have had tied up, which seems to have upset a few folk. I'll be on my way now lol

4 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

That 3-0 win in the cup !! sorry I thought it was this season you were on about , there’s been so many I get confused 🫤 😂😂

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

I've repeatedly said it ended up being a battering/skelping/doing/humping but up until the sending off it was a game we should have had tied up, which seems to have upset a few folk. I'll be on my way now lol

If I remember correctly it was a game of few real chances , sending off turned it for us , the good guys won and Lewis Vaughan became a hero 😂

4 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Just fact checking ✔️ 

opportunity however, but it was arguably as good as it got in the game’s opening stages, with chances in the two final thirds at a premium, although the away side were edging it in terms of possession. 

They were having digs at goal too, albeit wild ones, with Kallum Higginbotham and Faissal El Bakhtaoui both trying their luck from 25-yards out, but their attempts sailed impotently into the home end.

slight exaggeration but it’s been a tough season , you can have it 😜

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

opportunity however, but it was arguably as good as it got in the game’s opening stages, with chances in the two final thirds at a premium, although the away side were edging it in terms of possession. 

They were having digs at goal too, albeit wild ones, with Kallum Higginbotham and Faissal El Bakhtaoui both trying their luck from 25-yards out, but their attempts sailed impotently into the home end.

slight exaggeration but it’s been a tough season , you can have it 😜

"Rovers main focus up until this point had been trying to remain in the game, but with the bit now firmly between their teeth, Dunfermline, for the first time in the match, were on the back foot,"

Did you skip past this bit Hightower?!